Neresheim, abbey in background
|• Mayor||Gerd Dannenmann|
|• Total||118.56 km2 (45.78 sq mi)|
|Elevation||503 m (1,650 ft)|
|• Density||67/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||07326, Elchingen 07367|
Neresheim is a town in the Ostalbkreis district, in Baden-Württemberg, Germany. It is situated 16 kilometres (9.9 mi) northeast of Heidenheim, and 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Aalen. It's the home of the famous Neresheim Abbey, which still hosts monks, was Reichsfrei until the German Mediatisation and was built by Balthasar Neumann.
Born in Neresheim
- Oscar F. Mayer (1859–1955), founder of the Oscar Mayer meat production company, was born in Kösingen, today a borough of Neresheim.
- Andreas Zeyer (born 1968), retired German football player
- Michael Zeyer (born 1968), retired German football player
- Karl Bonhoeffer (1868–1948), psychiatrist and neurologist, father of theologian Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- "Gemeinden in Deutschland nach Fläche, Bevölkerung und Postleitzahl am 30.09.2016". Statistisches Bundesamt (in German). 2016.
- Arc de Triomphe on Parisrama.com
|This Ostalbkreis location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|