New American Writing
||This article possibly contains original research. (February 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Editor||Paul Hoover and Maxine Chernoff|
New American Writing is a once-a-year American literary magazine emphasizing contemporary American poetry, including a range of innovative contemporary writing. The magazine is published in association with San Francisco State University. New American Writing is published by OINK! Press, a nonprofit organization. The magazine appears in early June each year. First published in 1986.
John Ashbery, Robert Creeley, Charles Simic, Jorie Graham, Denise Levertov, Hilda Morley, August Kleinzahler, Ann Lauterbach, Ned Rorem, Wanda Coleman, Nathaniel Mackey, Barbara Guest, Marjorie Perloff, Michael Palmer, Lyn Hejinian, and Charles Bernstein.
Work from the magazine has appeared in the annual The Best American Poetry series and also in the annual Pushcart Anthology.
- Supplement of Australian poetry edited by John Tranter (No. 4)
- Censorship and the Arts (No. 5)
- Supplement of innovative poetry from Great Britain edited by Ric Caddel
- Supplement of Brazilian poetry edited by Régis Bonvicino (No. 18)
- "Top 50 Literary Magazines and Metazines". Web Del Sol. Retrieved February 10, 2016.