New Generation Power International
New Generation Power International (NGPI) is an American energy company.
The company is based in Chicago and was co-founded by company chairman Chirinjeev Kathuria in 2010. The company develops renewable energy in international markets from resources, such as solar power, hydropower, biomass, wind power, geothermal, waste-to-energy, and cogeneration. It has also developed, invests, owns, and operates infrastructure assets in the areas of utility-scale power generation, and distributed generation.
NGPI was given a contract to develop solar and geothermal projects for the US Army, and built a solar power farm located at Chicago Rockford International Airport. NGPI formed a joint venture with Yilsan Holding, Mineks International and DCM Energy to install and operate a 100 megawatt geothermal power plant for the nation of Turkey. NGPI signed a cooperation agreement with the Republic of Srpska in 2012 to develop four hydro projects totaling 365 megawatts on the Lower Drina River. In collaboration Nippon Energy Solution, NGPI will build three 11.5 megawatt wood biomass power plants in Japan.
- "New Generation Power LLC: Private Company Information - Bloomberg". www.bloomberg.com.
- "200 MW Of Solar For Sierra Leone From New Generation - CleanTechnica". cleantechnica.com.
- "US-Energy Company Announces Plans to Implement Clean Energy Projects throughout Sierra Leone - Standard Times Press". standardtimespress.org.
- Cole, Nicolas (9 June 2017). "Three Companies You've Never Heard Of That Will Truly Change The World".
- "These 3 Power Brokers Will Transform the Future of Energy (1 of Them Is Elon Musk)".
- "New Generation Power to develop, geothermal solar projects for US Army".
- "Two Chicago solar firms make short list for Pentagon's clean energy contract".
- "Army awards second technology under $7 billion renewable energy MATOC".
- "Chicago-Rockford International Airport to Build 20-MW Solar Array - CleanTechnica". cleantechnica.com.
- "Power firm NGPI enters 100-MW geothermal project JV in Turkey".
- "New Generation Power International announces joint venture". 28 April 2015.
- "American renewables company NGPI to establish geothermal plant in Turkey".
- Reporter, Richard Springer, Staff. "New Generation Power Signs $1.67B Deal with Srpska Republic".
- "New Generation Power launches biomass project in Japan - Bioenergy Insight Magazine". Bioenergy Insight.