New Music Weekly
||This article's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (November 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Editors/Publishers||Larry Weir, Paul Loggins|
|Founder||Paul Loggins, Larry Weir|
|Based in||Los Angeles|
New Music Weekly is a nationally distributed trade magazine for the radio and music industries. Following the tradition of Bill Gavin and the Gavin Report, New Music Weekly interprets data from the Spins Tracking System for music industry executives and artists across the United States. Weekly editorial features include highlights of the top singles impacting radio and "spotlights" of new music from the Top40/Pop, Country, AC/Hot, and College music genres.
The New Music Weekly editorial staff is composed of composer and producer Larry Weir, Billboard magazine, NMW publisher and veteran radio promoter Paul Loggins who also holds the position as Executive Producer of NMW's New Music Awards, and contributing writer Chuck Dauphin.
The New Music Awards are hosted annually by New Music Weekly, acknowledging the accomplishments of new artists and musicians, radio stations and programmers, music directors, and industry executives who work in America's most popular music genres.
STS (Spins Tracking System) has revolutionized the way radio and record executives look at charts. A technology used to deliver the most highly accurate chart information available. STS is the industry leading weekly provider of information that covers music played at commercial and non-commercial radio. STS delivers a wide variety of airplay charts that track releases in Top40, Adult Contemporary, Country, AAA, College, Jazz, World, RPM, Hip Hop, Loud Rock and Alternative genres. STS is a service of Backstage Entertainment.
AirplayAccess.com, is a secure digital music delivery system that allows artists and record labels to get their music to radio programmers worldwide. Trends show that radio programmers are aggressively embracing digital music delivery. Available exclusively to broadcasters around the world, including programmers, DJs, syndicated radio shows, and record pools AirplayAccess.com has partnered with the Spins Tracking System radio stations interface which utilizes the enhanced security features to protect both radio and the artist. Integrated within STS via "hot links" on the current airplay charts, in addition to radio's music download page, allows for easy and fast features radio programmers have been waiting for.
AirplayAccess.com is the music industry's answer for fast, secure music delivery, enabling registered industry professionals, records labels, artist/bands to get their promotional music directly to radio as broadcast-quality digital files. AirplayAccess is a complimentary, invitation only service to radio from a trusted name in radio airplay tracking, STS.
- "AllMusic: Credits: Larry Weir". Allmusic. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "About this person: Larry Weir". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- Daupin, Chuck. "The 615 with Chuck Daupin". Billboard Magazine. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "Tom Savell Wins at New Music Awards". tomsavell.com. 2008. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
Loggins Promotions played a huge part in Tom’s radio success.
- "Paul Loggins". Publisher,(Backstage Entertainment). 10 November 2012.
- "The New Music Awards". BackStage Entertainment. Retrieved 10 July 2012.
- "New Music Awards". New Music Weekly. 10 November 2007.
- New Music Weekly official website
- New Music Weekly: Music Industry News
- Spins Tracking System: Radio airplay tracking service
- New Music Awards: New Music's Biggest Night
- Backstage Entertainment: Entertainment Media, PR and Marketing
- Loggins Promotion: Radio airplay promotion/marketing
- AirplayAccess: Servicing your music digitally to radio programmers worldwide