Newbury Weekly News
|Owner(s)||Blacket Turner Co|
The Newbury Weekly News is an award-winning English local weekly newspaper, covering Newbury and West Berkshire. The paper's website is known as Newbury Today. It is published by the Newbury Weekly News Group.
The newspaper was first published in 1867 by Walter Blacket and Thomas Wheildon Turner. It has been independently and family-owned since its establishment, with Blacket Turner & Co being formed in the 1980s.
The newspaper's catchment covers an area of 300 square miles (780 km2) and a population of around 150,000. In the company's certificate of circulation (published in February 2010 by the Audit Bureau of Circulations), the average circulation per issue was 20,405 – 100% of which was through newstrade, single copy and subscription sales.
In 2006, the newspaper won The Newspaper Society's Best Paid-For Weekly Newspaper award. The newspaper's website was voted Best Website Produced by a Weekly Newspaper. In 2007, Newbury Today was named the Picture Editors' Newspaper Website of the Year, an award it shared with The Sun. 
- "Newbury Weekly News Standard Certificate of Circulation - July to December 2009" (PDF). Regional Publication. Audit Bureau of Circulations. February 2010. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "About Newbury Today". Newbury Today. Newbury Weekly News. 2008. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Newbury Weekly News". British Newspapers Online. British Expat Magazine. 12 February 2009. Archived from the original on May 29, 2009. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "About Newbury Weekly News". Newbury Today. Newbury Weekly News. 2008. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Family-owned news firm marks 140 years". Regional press news. Hold the Front Page. 1 February 2007. Retrieved 15 March 2010.
- "Picture Editors' Awards 2007 Press Release". City of London website. City of London Website. 21 June 2007. Retrieved 27 December 2010.
|This United Kingdom newspaper-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|