||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Pryor in 1964.
|Born||Nicholas David Probst
January 28, 1935
Baltimore, Maryland, U.S.
|Other names||Nick Pryor|
|Spouse(s)||Christine Belford (1993–present)|
Nicholas Pryor (born January 28, 1935) is an American film and television actor.
Life and career
His early film credits include appearances in The Happy Hooker (1975), Smile (1975), and as nervous college professor Samuel Graves in the 1976 cult film The Gumball Rally. Notable film credits included appearing alongside William Holden and Lee Grant in Damien: Omen II (1978), as one of the sick passengers in Airplane! (1980), the role of Joel Goodson (Tom Cruise)'s father in the hit movie Risky Business (1983), and as Julian Wells' father in Less Than Zero (1987). His other film credits include The Falcon and the Snowman (1985), Pacific Heights (1990), Executive Decision (1996), The Chamber (1996) and Collateral Damage (2002).
Pryor's most notable television role was that of A. Milton Arnold, the Chancellor of California University, in the television series Beverly Hills, 90210. Pryor's character, who appeared on the show from 1994–97, was a widower and the father of one daughter, Claire (portrayed by Kathleen Robertson). His other television appearances included The Adams Chronicles (1976), Washington: Behind Closed Doors (1977) and Gideon's Trumpet (1980). In 1973 Pryor was the second actor to play the role of P.I. Joel Gantry on The Edge of Night. For several years in the late 1990s and early 2000s, he played the role of Victor Collins on General Hospital and its spin-off, Port Charles.
Pryor has been married to actress Christine Belford since July 1993.
- The Way We Live Now (1970) - Lionel Aldridge
- Man on a Swing (1974) - Paul Kearney
- The Happy Hooker (1975) - Carl Gordon
- Smile (1975) - Andy
- The Gumball Rally (1976) - Prof. Samuel Graves - Cobra Team
- Damien: Omen II (1978) - Charles Warren
- Rainbow (1978, TV movie) - Bill Gilmore
- The Fish That Saved Pittsburgh (1979) - George Brockington
- Airplane! (1980) - Mr. Hammen
- Splendor in the Grass (1981, TV movie). - Dr. Judd
- Risky Business (1983) - Mr. Goodsen
- Second Sight: A Love Story (1984, TV movie) - Mitchell McKay
- The Falcon and the Snowman (1985) - Eddie
- On Dangerous Ground (1986) - John Pilgrim
- Murder in Three Acts (1986, TV movie) - Freddie Dayton
- Morgan Stewart's Coming Home (1987) - Tom Stewart
- Less Than Zero (1987) - Benjamin Wells
- A Stoning in Fulham County (1988, TV movie) - Baxter
- Brain Dead (1990) - Man in Bloody White Suit / Ramsen / Ed Conklin
- Pacific Heights (1990) - Hotel Manager
- Hoffa (1992) - Hoffa's Attorney
- Sliver (1993) - Peter Farrell
- Hail Caesar (1994) - Bidwell
- Executive Decision (1996) - Secretary of State Jack Douglas
- The Chamber (1996) - Judge Flynn F. Slattery
- Murder at 1600 (1997) - Paul Moran
- Molly (1999) - Dr. Prentice
- The Bachelor (1999) - Dale Arden
- Collateral Damage (2002) - Senator Delich
- The List (2007) - Harold Smithfield
- The Four Children of Tander Welch (2008) - Tander Welch
- A Short History of Decay (2014) - The Man in White
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1 (2015) - D8 Male Patient