|San Diego Padres – No. 25|
|Born: June 18, 1996|
North Royalton, Ohio
|March 30, 2019, for the San Diego Padres|
|MLB statistics |
(through June 16, 2019)
|Earned run average||6.41|
Margevicius attended Saint Ignatius High School in Cleveland, Ohio. After high school, Margevicius attended Rider University where he played college baseball. In 2017, as a junior, he went 6-4 with a 2.89 ERA in 14 games (13 starts). After the season, he was drafted by the San Diego Padres in the 7th round, 198th overall, in the 2017 MLB draft.
In his debut season of 2017, he played for the AZL Padres and the Tri-City Dust Devils. He accumulated a 4-1 record with a 1.31 ERA over 48 innings. He split the 2018 season between the Fort Wayne TinCaps and the Lake Elsinore Storm, accumulating a 10-8 record with a 3.60 ERA in 134.1 innings. Margevicius appeared in one game with the San Antonio Missions during the 2018 Texas League playoffs.
San Diego Padres
Margevicius was called up by the Padres on March 30, 2019, and made his major league debut that evening. He recorded five plus innings, allowing one run, while striking out five. He became the second player from the 2017 draft class to reach MLB. He was optioned to the Amarillo Sod Poodles on May 17, and was recalled on June 1. He was optioned once again on June 19.
- "Nick Margevicius". Baseball Cube. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- "Nick Margevicius". gobroncs.com. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- "San Diego Padres: Nick Margevicius Debut Sends San Antonio To Game Five". friarsonbase.com. September 9, 2018. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- "Padres set opening day roster; Margevicius to come". sandiegouniontribune.com. March 28, 2019. Retrieved March 30, 2019.
- "San Diego Padres box score 3/30/19". mlb.com. Retrieved March 30, 2019.