|Dame Nicky Cullum
|Born||Nicola Anne Cullum
6 June 1962 
Leeds, England, UK
|Alma mater||University of Liverpool (BSc, PhD, RGN)|
|Thesis||Nerve cytoskeletal proteins in diabetes mellitus (1990)|
Cullum was educated at the University of Liverpool where she was awarded a Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmacology in 1984 and a Doctor of Philosophy degree in 1990. She became a Registered General Nurse (RGN) in 1985.
Research and Career
Cullum completed postdoctoral research at the University of Surrey and the University of Liverpool. Between 1994 and 2011 she worked at the University of York. Her research is primarily on wound care.
Awards and honours
She was an Inaugural National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Senior Investigator (2008–2012, renewed 2013) and was made a Fellow (FMedSci) of both the Academy of Medical Sciences and the American Academy of Nursing in 2012.
- CULLUM, Prof. Dame Nicola Anne. ukwhoswho.com. Who's Who. 2015 (online Oxford University Press ed.). A & C Black, an imprint of Bloomsbury Publishing plc. (subscription required)
- Nicky Cullum's publications indexed by Google Scholar
- List of publications from Microsoft Academic Search
- Nicky Cullum's publications indexed by the Scopus bibliographic database, a service provided by Elsevier. (subscription required)
- Cullum, Nichola Anne (1989). Nerve cytoskeletal proteins in diabetes mellitus (PhD thesis). University of Liverpool.(subscription required)
- Cullum, N.; Nelson, E. A.; Fletcher, A. W.; Sheldon, T. A. (2001). "Compression for venous leg ulcers". The Cochrane Library. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD000265.
- McCaughan, D.; Thompson, C.; Cullum, N.; Sheldon, T. A.; Thompson, D. R. (2002). "Acute care nurses' perceptions of barriers to using research information in clinical decision-making". Journal of Advanced Nursing. 39 (1): 46–60. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2648.2002.02241.x. PMID 12074751.
- Thompson, C.; McCaughan, D.; Cullum, N.; Sheldon, T. A.; Mulhall, A.; Thompson, D. R. (2001). "Research information in nurses' clinical decision-making: What is useful?". Journal of Advanced Nursing. 36 (3): 376–88. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2648.2001.01985.x. PMID 11686752.
- O'Meara, S.; Cullum, N. A.; Nelson, E. A. (2009). "Compression for venous leg ulcers". The Cochrane Library. doi:10.1002/14651858.CD000265.pub2.
- Fletcher, A; Cullum, N; Sheldon, T. A. (1997). "A systematic review of compression treatment for venous leg ulcers". BMJ (Clinical research ed.). 315 (7108): 576–80. doi:10.1136/bmj.315.7108.576. PMC . PMID 9302954.
- Sheldon, T. A.; Cullum, N.; Dawson, D.; Lankshear, A.; Lowson, K.; Watt, I.; West, P. (2004). "What's the evidence that NICE guidance has been implemented? Results from a national evaluation using time series analysis, audit of patients' notes, and interviews". BMJ. 329 (7473): 999. doi:10.1136/bmj.329.7473.999. PMC . PMID 15514342.
- Dicenso, A.; Cullum, N.; Ciliska, D. (1998). "Implementing evidence-based nursing: Some misconceptions". Evidence-Based Nursing. 1 (2): 38. doi:10.1136/ebn.1.2.38.
- O'Meara, S. M.; Cullum, N. A.; Majid, M.; Sheldon, T. A. (2001). "Systematic review of antimicrobial agents used for chronic wounds". British Journal of Surgery. 88 (1): 4–21. doi:10.1046/j.1365-2168.2001.01631.x. PMID 11136304.