From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
This article is about the given name. For the fifth solo album from Nils Lofgren, see Nils (album).
|Look up Nils in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Nils is a Scandinavian given name, a chiefly Norwegian, Danish and Swedish variant of Niels, cognate to Nicholas and Neil. As with Niels, its pet form is Nisse. Female variants are Nilsine, Nilsina, and Nilsa.
People with the given name
- Nils Bergstrom (born 1985), Swedish ice hockey player
- Nils-Joel Englund (1907–1995), Swedish cross-country skier
- Nils Ericson (1802–1870), Swedish inventor and engineer
- Nils Frahm (born 1982), German pianist and producer
- Nils Frykdahl, American musician
- Nils Liedholm (1922–2007), Swedish footballer and coach
- Nils Lofgren (born 1951), American musician
- Nils Petersen (born 1988), German footballer
- Nils Trygg (1914–1951), Swedish woodcarver
- Nils Lahr (born 1973), American entrepreneur
- Nils Jiptner (born 1960), German guitarist, music producer
- Nils Ušakovs (born 1976), Latvian politician, Mayor of Riga
Characters with the given name
- Nils (Fire Emblem), the fictional bard in the Fire Emblem: Rekka no Ken video game
- Nils Holgersson, the main character of The Wonderful Adventures of Nils, a novel by Swedish author Selma Lagerlöf
- Nils is the given name of a character in Double Fines video game, Psychonauts.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|