Nimbus Communications Limited
This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Services||Entertainment, Sports Marketing & Broadcasting|
Nimbus Communications Limited is a media and entertainment company and sports broadcaster, known for its Neo Prime and Neo Sports channels. It has integrated, end-to-end media services focusing on Sports broadcasting, marketing and filmed entertainment. Headquartered in Mumbai, Nimbus was established in 1987 by Harish Thawani, and has a diverse network of customers across USA, Canada, UK, Asia, Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Europe and the Middle East. In addition to India its operations are also spread across Singapore, Middle East and the Caribbean, which will shortly be extended to USA and UK.
In 2006, the company won a four-year global media rights for cricket with BCCI, at $612.18 million (Rs 2,714 crore). In 2010, The Times of India Group acquired a small stake in Nimbus Communications 
- "Nimbus Communications plans to raise around Rs 900 crore via IPO in January". The Economic Times. 11 November 2010.
- "Interview with Nimbus Communications Ltd executive chairman Harish Thawani". indiantelevision. 20 June 2003.
- "Nimbus scores big, bags cricket rights for $612 m". The Financial Express. 18 February 2006.
- "New boss, old telecast game". The Telegraph (Kolkata). 18 February 2006.
- "Times buys stake in Nimbus, Neo Sports". Mint. 22 March 2010.