Nirendranath Chakraborty (born 19 October 1924) is a popular contemporary Bengali poet. He won the Sahitya Academy Award in 1974 for the book of poems Ulanga Raja (The Naked King)In 2007, the University of Calcutta awarded him an honorary Doctor of Science degree. Chakraborty also wrote few detective novels of Bhaduri Moshai.
Some of his poetry anthologies are:
- Nil Nirjan
- Andhokar Baranda
- Prothom Nayok
- Somoy baro kom
- Jabotiyo Valobasi
- Ghumie porar aage
- Shrestho Kobita
- Kobita Samagro 1
- Kobita Samagro 2
- Saada Bagh
- Bibir Chora
- Baaro Maser Chora
- Pitri Purush
Some of his popular poems are
- Amalkanti Roddur Hotay Cheyachilo
- Kolkatar Jisu
- Ulanga Raja
- translation of Tintin in Bengali
- Bose, Amalendu. Contemporary Bengali Literature. Academic Publishers. p. 12. Retrieved 22 August 2010.
- "Every generation owes their love quotes to these 7 legendary Bengali poets". zeenews.india.com. Retrieved February 7, 2018.
- Prabirendra Chattopadhyay. "QuijjhoTika: A Quiz Book". Retrieved February 7, 2018.
|This article about a poet from India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|