From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
For the south Indian actor, see Nitin (actor).
Nitin comes from the Sanskrit root Nitya. In the Vishnu Sahasranaama (1000 Divine Names of Lord Vishnu), Nitya is one of the names of Vishnu. Nitin is also a common Marathi name, commonly found in Maharashtra.
Notable people named Nitin
- Nitin Chandrakant Desai, Bollywood art director and production designer
- Nitin Pradhan, Obama Appointee and US DOT CIO
- Nitin Sawhney, Indian-British composer and musician
- Nitin Mukesh, Bollywood playback singer
- Nitin Ganatra, British actor
- Nitin Saini, Cricket batsman
- Nitin Gadkari, Indian Transport minister, former President Bharatiya Janta party
- Campbell, Mike. "Meaning, Origin and History of the Name Nitin". Behind the Name. Retrieved 2008-10-01.