|Origin||Melbourne, Victoria, Australia|
|Years active||2004 – 2006|
Alfred Touhey (Alf)|
Beau McCleish (Beau)
Scott Folley (Scott)
Thanh Bùi (Thanh)
Joel Velasco (Joel)
North was an Australian boy band established in 2004. Popular primarily in Asia, the group had top ten singles in Thailand, Indonesia, Malaysia, the Philippines, and India. Their debut single was a cover of Peter Cetera's "Glory Of Love" which reached #1 in both Indonesia and Thailand. North disbanded in 2006.
The band's initial line-up consisted of Alfred Touhey, Beau McCleish, Scott Folley and Thanh Bùi.
Scott Folley chose to leave the band after the release of their first album and promotional tour, and was replaced by Joel Velasco, who first appeared on North's single "Because I Love You".
The group disbanded in 2006.
- 2004: North (on Universal)
- 2006: Straight Up (on EMI)
- The Malay Mail, 30 September 2005, "Betting on North" by Joe Lee
- New Straits Times, 2 September 2004, "Wild, wild, wow!" by Joanna Van
- The Malay Mail, 29 July 2004, "North is the way up" by Adeline Chia
- Herald Sun, 18 April 2009, "Out of the Shadows", by Mikey Cahill
- New Sunday Times, 18 September 2005, "Not just another boyband" by Arni Abdul Razak
- The Queensland Times, 18 October 2008, "Former boy band member eliminated but on high note over challenge of new" by Felicity Caldwell