North Londonderry Township, Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
|North Londonderry Township, Pennsylvania|
Map of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania highlighting North Londonderry Township
Map of Lebanon County, Pennsylvania
|• Total||10.77 sq mi (27.88 km2)|
|• Land||10.76 sq mi (27.87 km2)|
|• Water||0.01 sq mi (0.02 km2)|
|• Estimate (2016)||8,460|
|• Density||786.25/sq mi (303.57/km2)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|U.S. Decennial Census|
Londonderry Township was divided into North Londonderry Township and South Londonderry Township in 1894.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 10.8 square miles (28.0 km²), of which, 10.8 square miles (28.0 km²) of it is land and 0.09% is water.
As of the census of 2000, there were 6,771 people, 2,716 households, and 2,045 families residing in the township. The population density was 626.5 people per square mile (241.8/km²). There were 2,782 housing units at an average density of 257.4/sq mi (99.4/km²). The racial makeup of the township was 97.78% White, 0.13% African American, 1.26% Asian, 0.21% from other races, and 0.62% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.27% of the population.
There were 2,716 households, out of which 28.5% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 68.0% were married couples living together, 5.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 24.7% were non-families. 21.8% of all households were made up of individuals, and 10.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.42 and the average family size was 2.82.
In the township the population was spread out, with 20.7% under the age of 18, 4.7% from 18 to 24, 26.9% from 25 to 44, 27.7% from 45 to 64, and 20.0% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 89.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 86.0 males.
The median income for a household in the township was $56,426, and the median income for a family was $68,962. Males had a median income of $41,220 versus $30,019 for females. The per capita income for the township was $27,664. About 2.0% of families and 3.9% of the population were below the poverty line, including 3.7% of those under age 18 and 5.5% of those age 65 or over.
2017 Township Officials
- Township Manager: Michael Booth
- Asst. Township Manager: Kristopher Troup
- Secretary/Treasurer: Lisa Daubert
- Asst. Secretary/Treasurer: Judy Miller
- Police Chief: Kevin Snyder
- Roadmaster: Earl Blauch
- Solicitor: Keith Kilgore
- Tax Collector: Lebanon Co. E.I.T. Bureau
- Constable: Daniel Huffman
- E.M.A. Director: Michael Brownsweiger
- Vacancy Board Chairman: James Rothermel
Board of Supervisors:
- Chairman - Ronald Fouché
- Vice-Chairman - Barry Reigle
- Member - William Buckfelder
- Chairman - Lane Painter
- Vice-Chairman - Dean Fernsler
- Secretary - Steven Johnson
- Member - Roanld Fouché
- Member - David Biehl
- Chairman - Boyd Firestone
- Vice-Chairman - Benjamin Dohner
- Secretary/Treasurer - William Buckfelder
- Asst. Secretary/Treasurer - George Ulrich
- Member - Edward Houser
Zoning Hearing Board:
- Frederick Tilberg
- Harry Fox III
- Joanne Wendte
Board of Auditors:
- Chairman - Leroy Leach
- Secretary - Steven Derr
- Member - Charles Randall
- "2016 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Aug 14, 2017.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.