North State Communications
|Founded||High Point, North Carolina 1895|
|Royster Tucker III, President & CEO|
|Services||Residential and businesses phone, Fiber TV, Fiber Internet, Cloud services|
North State is a telecommunications company headquartered in High Point, North Carolina, offering landline and cellular telephone, residential and business optical fiber services, web hosting, yellow pages, and digital television to a 600-square-mile (1,600 km2) area that includes High Point, Thomasville, Archdale, Randleman, Jamestown, Trinity and parts of Greensboro and Kernersville. North State ranks as one of the top 20 telecommunications companies in the United States.
In 1895, local businessmen started the High Point Telephone Exchange in High Point, N.C. In 1899, J.F. Hayden, who started a telephone system in Thomasville, bought the High Point company; both companies grew quickly. In 1905, the High Point company was incorporated as North State Telephone Company. In 1919, Hayden bought the Southern Bell system in High Point, which had operated since 1907. In 1920 North State became the first telephone company in the state to install the automatic-dial system.
In 1929 the company bought the Randleman system, and in 1935 the Thomasville company became part of North State.
- "Facts about NSC". Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "About North State Communications". Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "North State Communications to provide digital TV services". The Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area. 2004-10-11. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- Normington, Mick (2005-06-17). "North State bets on home delivery of fiber-optic cable". The Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Cingular Wireless from North State Is Now AT&T wireless from North State". 2007-01-12. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "Area Wireless Connections Pick Up Speed". 2007-07-31. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "North State launches digital TV product". The Business Journal of the Greater Triad Area. 2009-05-28. Retrieved 2010-02-25.
- "North State Launches Plex Brand Including Debut of New Digital TV Product". dBusinessNews. 2009-05-28. Retrieved 2010-02-25.