Pfafftown, North Carolina
|Pfafftown, North Carolina|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
Pfafftown (pronounced "Poff-town"), North Carolina is an Unincorporated community which has been partially annexed into the cities of Winston-Salem in Forsyth County and Lewisville, also in Forsyth County. As of the 2000 census, the ZCTA of Pfafftown had a population of 9,562. It is a Piedmont Triad community.
In 1784, Peter Pfaff Sr. bought land west of Muddy Creek. A post office came to the community in 1888.
Pfafftown's Zip Code Tabulation Area (ZCTA) has a population of about 9,562 as of the 2000 census. The population is about 49% male and 51% female. About 89.6% of the population is white, 8% African-American, 0.2% American Indian, 0.6% Asian, 1.5% Hispanic, and 0.8% of another race. 0.9% of people are two or more races. There are no native Hawaiians or other Pacific islanders.
The average household size is 2.6 people, and the average family has 2.9 people. There are 3,783 houses, with 94.5% of them occupied, 91% bought and 3.5% rented. There are 214 vacant housing units.
Major roads in Pfafftown include Yadkinville Road, connecting Reynolda Road (NC 67) in Winston-Salem to Old US-421 and eventually to Yadkinville, NC. Other major roads include NC 67, connecting NC 150 in Winston-Salem, NC to US 21 in Jonesville, NC; Transou Road, connecting NC 67 to Yadkinville Road; Skylark Road, connecting Transou Road to Vienna-Dozier Road; Lewisville-Vienna Road, connecting Yadkinville Road to Shallowford Road in Lewisville, NC.
- George Greer, Major League Baseball professional hitting coach for the St. Louis Cardinals and hitting coach for all minor league baseball teams.
- Jim Drake (engineer) (1929–2012), aeronautics engineer who is credited as the inventor of windsurfing.
- Pfafftown Pronunciation (forvo)
- Craver, Richard (September 20, 2015). "Historic marker keeps Pfafftown legacy out front". Winston-Salem Journal. Retrieved September 21, 2015.
- National Park Service (2010-07-09). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 8/25/14 though 8/30/14. National Park Service. 2014-09-05.