Northland Organic Foods Corporation
|Industry||Certified organic & non-GMO, identity preserved (IP) raw materials and food ingredients|
|Headquarters||Saint Paul, Minnesota|
|Peter Shortridge, President
Amy Nankivil, International Marketing Director
Susan Ponsolle, Marketing Manager
|Products||Oil seeds & grains
Flours & meals
|Website||Northland Organic Foods|
Northland Organic Foods Corporation was a global food and agricultural products company based in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Founded in 1991, Northland is an award-winning innovator in the organic foods industry, specializing in the development, production, and international distribution of certified organic and conventional non-GMO specialty food and feed-use seeds, whole soybeans, corn, wheat and other cereal grains. Northland also produces and markets identity-preserved value-added ingredients such as soy meal, grits, flours, oils, lecithins and whole soybean powder under the IP Pure label.
Northland Organic Foods is actively involved on a local, national and international level in community programs and ecological conferences whose goals are to promote organic and sustainable agriculture. Northland Organic Foods has, over the past three years, donated over 15% of pre-tax net earnings to environmental, educational, and cultural organizations that are making an effort to improve our community on both a local and a global level. The company also sponsors a website called Seed to Plate, a non-profit informational online resource dedicated to providing a forum for the discussion of agricultural, environmental, and artistic issues with the goal toward solutions and action.
Northland Organic Foods is the sister company of Northland Seed & Grain Corporation, based in Saint Paul, Minnesota, a producer and global supplier of identity preserved, non-GMO seeds, raw materials and ingredients to the food manufacturing and feed industries. Northland Seed & Grain’s seed breeding program is centered on the development of traditionally crossbred, organic and non-GMO specialty variety seeds and grains.
- Certified naturally grown
- Identity preserved
- Organic agriculture
- Organic food
- National Organic Program
- Minnesota Department of Agriculture Excellence Award, 2007
- Webb, Tom (June 11, 2006). "GROWING TRADE ORGANICALLY. SPRINGING FROM A DEAL TO SELL SOYBEANS TO A COMPANY IN JAPAN, NORTHLAND ORGANIC FOODS CORP. IS ONE OF A NUMBER OF MINNESOTA AGRIBUSINESSES THAT HAVE PROSPERED BY FINDING NICHES IN THE ASIAN MARKET.". St. Paul Pioneer Press (Minnesota). p. D8. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- "THIS WEEK'S ENTREPRENEUR: NORTHLAND ORGANICX FOODS BASED IN ST. PAUL". St. Paul Pioneer Press (MN). June 11, 2006. p. D1. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- Northland Organic Foods "Donations and Sponsorships" list
- Northland Seed & Grain Corporation
- "Northland Launches Low-Fat Soy Product.(Northland Organic Foods Corp. offers soy flour)". Food Ingredient News. 1 Feb 2002. Retrieved 2008-09-13.
- Northland Organic Foods Corporation Official company website
- USDA National Organic Program U.S. Department of Agriculture website, includes full text of the standards and regulations for certifying organic agricultural products
- National Sustainable Agriculture Information Service USDA-sponsored program focusing on sustainable agricultural products
- International Society of Organic Agriculture Research Website sponsored by the Research Institute of Organic Agriculture (Germany)
- Organic Trade Association Membership-based business association for the organic industry in North America
- Organic Crop Improvement Association Non-profit, member-owned, organic certification organization
- Organic Materials Review Institute National non-profit organization providing independent reviews of products for organic certifiers, growers, manufacturers, and suppliers
- International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements International organization supporting the worldwide organic movement
- Organic Consumers Association Major U.S.-based non-profit organization promoting consumer interests in organic food
- Seed to Plate Non-profit web forum on organic agriculture sponsored by Northland Organic Foods Corporation