Northridge High School (Dayton, Ohio)
|Northridge High School|
|2251 Timber Ln.
Dayton, Ohio, 45414
|School type||Highschool Secondary|
|Motto||Educating Today for Tomorrow’s Success|
|School district||Northridge Local School District|
|Color(s)||Scarlet & Gray|
|Fight song||Fight The Team|
|Athletics||Football, Volleyball, Golf, Cross Country, Tennis, Soccer, Basketball, Wrestling, Swimming, Baseball, Track|
|Team name||Northridge Polar Bears|
|Feeder schools||Esther Dennis Middle School, 4-6
John H.Morrison Elementary School, 1-3
Timberlane Learning Center, Pre-K-K
Northridge High School is part of Northridge Local Schools. The school is located in Dayton, Ohio, United States, and serves approximately 500 students. The school mascot is the polar bear. Northridge's mission is "Educating Today for Tomorrow's Success".
Northridge met nine of the 12 state indicators for the 2008-2009 school year, earning an "Effective" rating.
in 2015 Northridge passed a levy which gives them access to 42 million dollars to build a new PK-12 school. Although a low voting turnout the levy passed by a 60-40 ratio. The new school is to replace the highschool and all feeder schools in the district. Ester Dennis Middle School is the first of the buildings to be replaces as it is the location of the new building. Demolition began in December of 2016 and construction is slated to continue throughout 2017 to be completed for the 2018-19 school year. 
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Boys Basketball – 1945 
- Track - Boys-4 X 800 Relay (1988-1989) - Scott Rairden, Mike Green, Brian Smith, Mike Banta 
- Track - Boys-800 Meter Run (1994-1995) - C.J. Szekely 
- Wrestling - 160 lb (1996-1997) - Shawn Brightman 
||This article's list of alumni may not follow Wikipedia's verifiability or notability policies. (October 2011)|
This is a partial list of notable alumni of Northridge High School (Dayton, Ohio).
- Joseph G. Lapointe Jr - received Medal of Honor
- Frank J. Myers - Grammy winner, singer-songwriter of Baker & Myers
- Robert Pollard - lead singer of Guided by Voices
- Jack Jones - NHRA Top Gas Racer
- Chris Spurling - Former MLB player (Detroit Tigers, Milwaukee Brewers)
- Walter Hirsch - former college basketball player, central figure in point shaving scandal
- "2008 Report Card" (PDF). ode.state.oh.us/reportcard. Ohio Department of Education.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Basketball A". Retrieved 2007-02-12.
- "Individual State Champions".
|This Montgomery County, Ohio school article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|