|Directed by||Yasu Tanaka|
|Produced by||Bea Tanaka|
|Written by||Yasu Tanaka|
|Screenplay by||Yasu Tanaka|
|Based on||Bako National Park|
|Music by||Christopher Higgs|
|Edited by||Yasuhiko Tanaka|
|Distributed by||Empire Film Solution|
|Budget||RM 1.8 million|
Note also known as NOTA (Malay: NOTA/Nota) is a 2015 Malaysian crime drama mystery psycho thriller film written and directed by Japanese origin Yasu Tanaka. This was also his debut Malay language directorial venture and was produced by his wife Bea Tanaka under the production company 42nd Pictures. The film stars Hans Isaac in the male lead role, Maya Karin in the female lead role while late actor Ramli Hassan and Rin Izumi play supportive roles. The music for the film is scored by Christopher Higgs and editing is handled by Yashiko Tanaka. The film was released on 13 August 2013 and received mixed reviews from the audience but was declared as a failure in the box office. Despite the box office failure, the film is still rated as one of the greatest films to have made in Malaysian cinema and was also nominated as one of the best films at the 28th Malaysian Film Festival and eventually won the Best Screenplay Award during the film festival.
The film depicts the story of a couple who lived in Kuala Lumpur; Erin (Maya Karin) and Kamal (Hans Isaac) but had problems and arguments very often within themselves. Once they went to Bako National Park to resolve their relationship but met few unexpected consequences which aggravated the situation between the couple.
The Japanese origin film director made his Malay film debut through this venture and incurred about 1.8 million Malaysian Ringgit as the cost of production. The making of the film was filmed and shot in Sarawak in April 2013 and in Kuala Lumpur in May 2013. The production of the film ended up within 26 days but underwent delays due to other unknown reasons before its original release on 13 August 2015.
The film had its theatrical release in Malaysia and in United States on 13 August 2015. The film didn't do well at the box office as expected due to its high initial cost and managed to collect only RM 80,000. The film was also released nearly 3 months after the untimely death of actor Ramli Hassan on 7 May 2015 who was part of the cast.
- "Nota taruhan 42nd Pictures". 20 Jun 2015. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Maya Karin and Hans Isaac are all out of love in Nota - Star2.com". Star2.com. 2015-08-12. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Diving Deeper Into 'Nota', That Malaysian Film Everyone's Been Talking About Lately - The Daily Seni". The Daily Seni. 2015-08-10. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Best Malaysian Films". IMDb. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "cinema.com.my: Nota". Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "Maya, Hans saling beremosi". Kosmo Online. Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- "TAYANGAN FILM CEREKA TAHUN 2015". Retrieved 2018-08-03.
- Harian, Wartawan Sinar. "Pelakon Ramli Hassan meninggal dunia". Retrieved 2018-08-03.