|Commenced operations||9 January 2013|
|Hubs||Shahjalal International Airport|
NOVOAIR was established in October 2007 as an aviation service provider as the business diversification of parent company "Tusuka Group" with directors Arshad Jamal, Faiz Khan, Mofizur Rahman and Fayzur Rahman Badal. The Process of establishing a scheduled airline began at late 2011. NOVOAIR launched commercial operation on 9 Jan 2013 with Embraer 145 jet aircraft. Later the Embraer fleet was replaced with ATR 72-500 turboprop aircraft. The airline currently operates to all domestic destination of the country with lone International destination to Kolkata.
In July 2013, NOVOAIR launched Smiles, the frequent-flyer program of the airline. Smiles is the first frequent-flyer program for domestic flights in Bangladesh's aviation history. Tiered benefits include special offers, travel packages, waiting list priority, priority services (sales counter, check-in and boarding) and excess baggage allowance. NOVOAIR received the Monitor's best domestic airlines award in 2014.
NOVOAIR launched international flights on 1 December 2015. The airline is consolidating its domestic network and eyeing for expansion in international sectors.
On it's seventh anniversary on 9 January 2020, the airline made a publication that in these seven years it has operated 61,599 flights to domestic and it's only international destination Kolkata carrying more than 3.33 million passengers.
As of 2018, NOVOAIR serves the following destinations:
Awards and recognition
The airline won Domestic airline of the year and Best Customer Friendly Award as well as won silver and bronze medal for On-time performances and In-flight services respectively in Monitor Airline of the Year Award 2019.
- "Novoair starts flying". The Daily Star. 10 January 2013. Retrieved 10 March 2014.
- "অভ্যন্তরীণ রুটে ফ্লাইট বাড়াল নভোএয়ার". Prothom Alo (in Bengali). 19 October 2019.
- "অভ্যন্তরীণ রুটের সেরা এয়ারলাইন নভোএয়ার". প্রথম আলো (in Bengali). Retrieved 3 February 2020.
- "Novo Air launches frequent-flyer programme". New Age. 10 July 2013. Retrieved 17 September 2014.
- "Bangladeshi frequent flyers vote for the best". Bangladesh Monitor. 10 July 2014. Archived from the original on 22 December 2015. Retrieved 2 June 2015.
- "NovoAir starts flight to Yangon". The Daily Star. 2 December 2015. Retrieved 1 February 2015.
- "৭ বছরে ৩৩ লাখ যাত্রী বহন করেছে নভোএয়ার". প্রথম আলো (in Bengali). Retrieved 11 January 2020.
- "Route Map". Novoair. Retrieved 1 March 2016.
- "NOVOAIR adds Kolkata service in Dec 2016". routesonline.com. Routes Online. Retrieved 30 December 2016.
- "Global Airline Guide 2019 (Part One)". Airliner World: 5. October 2019.
- "Novoair adds new aircraft to fleet". The Daily Star. 13 June 2014. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- "নভোএয়ারে যুক্ত হলো সপ্তম উড়োজাহাজ". প্রথম আলো (in Bengali). Retrieved 16 December 2019.
Media related to Novoair at Wikimedia Commons