Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre
|Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre|
|Location||Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Address||3 Mayakovskaya ul., Saint Petersburg, Russia|
|Design and construction|
|Number of rooms||233|
|Number of suites||2|
|Parking||Own ground parking lot|
Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre (Russian: Новотель Санкт-Петербург Центр) is a 4-star standardized hotel that operates under the brand Novotel by Accor Group and was opened in 2005. The hotel is located at 3 Mayakovskogo ul., Saint Petersburg, Russia. Every room in the hotel has a different shape due to the complicated nature of the building architecture. It is the only hotel in the city centre with its own ground parking lot suitable for tourist buses as well as cars. For its environmental policy it has been called 'the greenest hotel in the city'.
The Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre complex was constructed in 2004, part of a municipal renovation project 'Quartier (city block) 130'. The project included dividing the city block into four spaces, each one to be occupied by a separate building, every building designed in its own way but all of them united by one architectural idea, thus constituting an ensemble. Two such spaces were sold to Accor Hotels, and a two-building complex was built. The hotel itself opened for business in 2005.
The project was developed by Mamoshin Architectural Studio as a part of complex development plan ‘Quartier 130’. The Quartier 130 ensemble draws largely from classical Italian architecture, Renaissance being one of the main themes. The hotel complex consists of two buildings connected via a 3-storey gallery. Contemporary style and modern materials intertwine with classical shapes and conservative stone finish in this monumental structure, clearly inspired by Ancient Rome. Some critics, however, have suggested that the complex is too massive and its image lacks the much desired lightness of spirit.
The 9-storey hotel offers 233 rooms (including 16 suites), 9 meeting rooms, high speed Wi-Fi Internet access free of charge, fitness centre with Turkish steam bath, massage services, concierge services, exchange office, and automated teller machine (ATM). There is also free parking for guests.
Restaurants and bars
- Côté Jardin (French cuisine)
- Intermezzo (lobby bar)
- "“Hospitality Industry: Environmental waste management practices” - During this conference Novotel St. Petersburg Centre was called "the greenest hotel in Saint-Petersburg" for having the highly responsible waste management program". The Green Patrol.
- "“Our customers trust us. We trust the best brands” - Novotel St. Petersburg Centre recently became the greenest hotel in the city". Katrin.
- "Novotel St. Petersburg Centre (4*)". Kensington Tours.
- "Novotel (Quartier 130)". Mamoshin Studio.
- "Взгляд в будущее (View of the Future)". NewProjects.ru.
- "Hotel Novotel St. Petersburg Centre". H-Rez.com.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Novotel Saint Petersburg Centre.|