Norak (Russian: Нурек, Tajik: Норак Norak) is a city in the Khatlon Region of Tajikistan. It is situated on the river Vakhsh, 885 m above sea level, and is 70 km southeast of Dushanbe, the capital. Its population is estimated at 31,400 for the city proper and 61,500 for the city with the outlying communities (2020).
The city was founded in 1960 alongside the construction of Nurek Dam, which was completed in 1980.
|Jamoat||Population (Jan. 2015)|
- "КОНСТИТУЦИЯ РЕСПУБЛИКИ ТАДЖИКИСТАН". prokuratura.tj. Parliament of Tajikistan. Retrieved 9 January 2020.
- "Population of the Republic of Tajikistan as of 1 January 2020" (PDF) (in Russian). Statistics office of Tajikistan. Retrieved 8 October 2020.
- https://fas.org/spp/military/program/track/okno.pdf Sourcebook on the Okno and Krona Space Surveillance Systems
- "Population of the Republic of Tajikistan as of 1 January 2015" (PDF) (in Russian). Statistics office of Tajikistan. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 July 2015. Retrieved 3 October 2020.
- Jamoat-level basic indicators, United Nations Development Programme in Tajikistan, accessed 8 October 2020