Type of site
|Social Network Aggregation|
|Created by||David Lyman, Mark Schmulen, David Neubauer|
|Alexa rank||185,083 (April 2014[update])|
NutshellMail is a social network aggregation service that allows users to manage and interact with updates from social networking services through a consolidated email digest. NutshellMail's mission according to its website is to keep users connected yet productive at the same time. NutshellMail supports Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, LinkedIn, and Ning.
In March 2008, PC World wrote an article suggesting that NutshellMail could allow users to streamline their social network experience LifeHacker called NutshellMail "The Sledgehammer" to filter and manage online social lives in a May 2009 article.
NutshellMail was founded in October 2008 by David Lyman, Mark Schmulen, Scott Mury, and David Neubauer. NutshellMail initially launched with a focus on email consolidation; however, as social networks and social media such as Facebook, MySpace and Twitter dramatically increased their user bases, NutshellMail released support for these services and made social network aggregation and interaction the primary focus of its development.
In September 2010, NutshellMail discontinued their e-mail consolidation service altogether to focus on social media based features.
In February 2016, Constant Contact announced the service shutdown for March 22, 2016.
On May 28, 2009, Facebook announced that NutshellMail was one of 20 winners of the fbFund 2009 competition out of a pool of over 400 applicants. NutshellMail is participating in the fbFund 2009 Rev incubator program and has received funding through the fbFund. fbFund is administered by Facebook and funded by Accel Partners and The Founders Fund. On November 19, 2009, Ning announced that Nutshellmail won the Ning Appathon competition as a Best Ported App finalist.
- "Nutshellmail.com Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2014-04-01.
- Grove, Jennifer Van. "Get Facebook in Your Inbox With NutshellMail".
- "twitdom.com". twitdom.com.
- "Yahoo!". www.downloadsquad.com.
- "Free Services to Streamline Your Social Networking Experience".
- Purdy, Kevin. "How to Filter and Manage Your Online Social Life".
- "Time Saver: NutshellMail Consolidates Email Accounts for Quick Viewing".
- "Constant Contact Acquires Social Media Inbox Startup Nutshell Mail".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-09-13. Retrieved 2014-08-20.
- "Facebook Announces 2009 fbFund Winners".
- "Ning Blog - Social Media & Community Building Insights". Ning Blog.