Oakwood Health System
||This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (May 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Oakwood Health System is a group of 4 hospitals and dozens of medical clinics across the Metro Detroit Area.
Oakwood Healthcare is a health care organization committed to improving the health and well-being of the individuals and communities in Wayne county. As one of the largest employers in the county, Oakwood provides acute, specialty, primary and preventative care services backed by excellence in research and education. With four acute care hospitals and more than 50 outpatient facilities, Oakwood’s 9,000 employees and 1,300 physicians represent nearly every medical and surgical specialty and subspecialty.
- Beaumont Hospital - Dearborn Dearborn, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital - Wayne Wayne, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital - Taylor Taylor, Michigan
- Beaumont Hospital - Trenton Trenton, Michigan
Since the early 1980s Oakwood Community Outreach has reflected their core values of Compassion, Respect, Excellence, Diversity and Ownership, and has maintained a seamless dialogue between healthcare professionals and consumers.
Teen Health Centers
Youth in the community can receive healthcare through the Oakwood Teen Health Centers. They provide a wide variety of services through school-based and school-linked programs. The mission of the Oakwood Teen Health Centers is to positively impact the health of adolescents and young adults in partnership with them and their families, schools and communities.
There are three teen health centers and two elementary school clinics:
- Oakwood Inkster Teen Health Center
- Oakwood Romulus Teen Health Center at Romulus High School
- Oakwood Taylor Teen Health Center Southgate, Michigan
- Jefferson-Barns Elementary School Clinic in Wayne-Westland
- Lincoln Elementary School Clinic in Wayne-Westland
- Jay Greene, "Hospital financial health mixed: Despite market gains, operating income drops for local systems," Crain's Detroit Business website, May 5, 2013, at http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130505/NEWS/305059966/hospital-financial-health-mixed-despite-market-gains-operating .
- Moody's Investors Service website, at https://www.moodys.com/research/MOODYS-ASSIGNS-A2-RATING-TO-OAKWOOD-OBLIGATED-GROUPS-OAKWOOD-HEALTH--PR_242929 .
- Karen Bouffard, "Beaumont Health merger plans no hospital closures or layoffs," The Detroit News online, September 3, 2014, at http://www.detroitnews.com/story/business/2014/09/03/oakwood-botsford-officials-finalize-details-of-beaumont-38b-merger-/15014697/ .