|• Total||4.94 km2 (1.91 sq mi)|
|Elevation||465 m (1,526 ft)|
|• Density||360/km2 (940/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Bachs, Fisibach (AG), Regensberg, Schleinikon, Schöfflisdorf, Siglistorf (AG)|
Oberweningen is first mentioned around 1096-1111 as Waningen. In 1291 it was mentioned as Oberenweningen.
Oberweningen has an area of 4.9 km2 (1.9 sq mi). Of this area, 35% is used for agricultural purposes, while 55.9% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 8.6% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (0.4%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
Oberweningen has a population (as of 31 December 2017) of 1,802. As of 2007[update], 15.1% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 16.6%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (92.1%), with Italian being second most common ( 1.7%) and Albanian being third ( 1.2%).
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000[update]) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 28.9% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 63.8% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 7.3%. In Oberweningen about 81.2% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Oberweningen has an unemployment rate of 2.35%. As of 2005[update], there were 41 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 11 businesses involved in this sector. 49 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 11 businesses in this sector. 115 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 30 businesses in this sector.
The historical population is given in the following table:
- Inigo Gallo (1932–2000), actor and playwright
- "Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeinden nach 4 Hauptbereichen". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 13 January 2019.
- "Bilanz der ständigen Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Staatsangehörigkeit (Kategorie), Geschlecht und demographischen Komponenten". Federal Statistical Office. Retrieved 12 January 2019.
- Oberweningen in German, French and Italian in the online Historical Dictionary of Switzerland.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 04-Aug-2009
- "STAT-TAB – Ständige und nichtständige Wohnbevölkerung nach institutionellen Gliederungen, Geburtsort und Staatsangehörigkeit" (online database) (official site) (in German and French). Neuchâtel, Switzerland: Federal Statistical Office - FSO. Retrieved 17 September 2018.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Oberweningen.|