|• Total||12.44 km2 (4.80 sq mi)|
|Elevation||443 m (1,453 ft)|
|Population (Dec 2015)|
|• Density||620/km2 (1,600/sq mi)|
|Surrounded by||Kloten, Niederhasli, Oberglatt, Opfikon, Regensdorf, Winkel, Zurich|
Rümlang has an area of 12.5 km2 (4.8 sq mi). Of this area, 51.6% is used for agricultural purposes, while 22.8% is forested. Of the rest of the land, 23.9% is settled (buildings or roads) and the remainder (1.7%) is non-productive (rivers, glaciers or mountains).
Rümlang has a population (as of 31 December 2015) of 7,752. As of 2007[update], 25.2% of the population was made up of foreign nationals. Over the last 10 years the population has grown at a rate of 16.3%. Most of the population (as of 2000[update]) speaks German (83.5%), with Italian being second most common ( 4.7%) and Albanian being third ( 2.1%).
The age distribution of the population (as of 2000[update]) is children and teenagers (0–19 years old) make up 20.9% of the population, while adults (20–64 years old) make up 64.7% and seniors (over 64 years old) make up 14.4%. In Rümlang about 73.8% of the population (between age 25-64) have completed either non-mandatory upper secondary education or additional higher education (either university or a Fachhochschule).
Rümlang has an unemployment rate of 3.18%. As of 2005[update], there were 150 people employed in the primary economic sector and about 34 businesses involved in this sector. 1446 people are employed in the secondary sector and there are 133 businesses in this sector. 3329 people are employed in the tertiary sector, with 368 businesses in this sector.
- Arealstatistik Standard - Gemeindedaten nach 4 Hauptbereichen
- Canton of Zurich Statistical Office (German) accessed 27 April 2016
- "OIS Rümlang." Geoglatt. Retrieved on 2 October 2009.
- Swiss Federal Statistical Office accessed 04-August-2009
- "Primarschule." Commune of Rümlang. Retrieved on April 23, 2015.
- "Sekundarschule Rümlang-Oberglatt." Commune of Rümlang. Retrieved on April 23, 2015.
- "Musikschule Bülach." Commune of Rümlang. Retrieved on April 23, 2015.
- Official website (German)
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Rümlang.|