The old logo, which was used for many years with many variations
Odlums Group is an Irish food processing and marketing company owned entirely by Valeo Foods, which is backed by Origin Enterprises and CapVest Limited, a European investment group. It manufactures and retails a number of products under the Odlums name as well as McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal.
A flour mill operated by William Odlum, one of three Odlum brothers, in Maryborough (now Portlaoise) began operation in 1845. Odlum was succeeded by his two sons, William P. and Richard Odlum, and the company became known as W.P. & R. Odlum. In the early 20th century, the company operated as many as nine mills but consolidation reduced that number to the current three flour mills in Dublin, Cork, and Portarlington The oatmeal mill in Sallins was closed at the end of 2013. The company remained in family hands until 1988. In 2007, Origin Enterprises which previously had a 50% stake in the Odlums Group, acquired full control of Odlums from the state-sponsored Greencore Group. In 2010, Batchelors, a manufacturer and retail category partner, and Origin Foods, the food division of Irish-based, Origin Enterprises Plc, merged to create Valeo Foods.
Odlums manufactures and retails a number of flour and cereal related products under the Odlums name. These include quick porridges, cereal snacks, health foods, and baking flours and mixes. Odlums also customises flours for wholesale to bakers. In addition to Odlums branded products, the group manufactures and sells McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal and other similar oat products with the McCann's brand.
- "Valeo Foods". Origin Enterprises. Retrieved 20 August 2014.
- Odlums Products at Odlums Group official website. Accessed 1 May 2008.
- McCann's History at McCann's Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal official website. Accessed 1 May 2008.
- "History of Odlums: 1845-2007" at Odlums Group official website. Accessed 1 May 2008.
- "Origin Enterprises plc acquires full control of Odlums Group." Origin Enterprises press release. 31 July 2007. Accessed 1 May 2008.
- Odlums Group official website