Ohio State Route 328
|Maintained by ODOT|
|Length:||22.72 mi (36.56 km)|
|Existed:||1932 – present|
|South end:||SR 93 near McArthur|
|North end:||US 33 in Logan|
State Route 328 (SR 328) is a north—south state highway in the southeastern quadrant of the U.S. state of Ohio. The southern terminus of SR 328 is at SR 93 approximately 2.75 miles (4.43 km) north of McArthur. Its northern terminus is at a diamond interchange with U.S. Route 33 (US 33) in the extreme southeastern portion of Logan, immediately northeast of where it crosses over the Hocking River.
SR 328 traverses the northeastern portion of Vinton County and the southeastern Hocking County. There are no portions of this highway that are included in the National Highway System, a network of highways identified as being most important for the economy, mobility and defense of the nation.
|This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (March 2011)|
The designation of SR 328 took place in 1932. Originally, the highway was a spur route that ran from Front Street, the former two-lane routing of US 33 that was designated as SR 31 at the time, in Logan, and followed the combination of Lockheed Road and the present alignment of SR 328 southeast to the unincorporated community of Union Furnace.
In 1937, SR 328 was extended southwest from Union Furnace to its present southern terminus, utilizing a combination of previously un-numbered roadways and a portion of SR 56 where it crosses from Hocking County into Vinton County. Then, by 1971, the highway was shortened slightly on the north end with the completion of the US 33 four-lane divided freeway around the south side of Logan. Jurisdiction of this short stretch between the new freeway and Front Street was transferred from the State to local control, with the road becoming known as Lockheed Road.
|Vinton||Elk Township||0.00||0.00||SR 93 – McArthur, Logan|
|Brown Township||10.29||16.56||SR 56 west – Laurelville||Southern end of SR 56 concurrency|
|Hocking||Starr Township||12.84||20.66||SR 56 east – Athens||Northern end of SR 56 concurrency|
|Logan||22.72||36.56||US 33 – Athens, Lancaster||Interchange|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1931. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Map of Ohio Showing State Highway System (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1932. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Ohio Department of Transportation. "Technical Services Straight Line Diagrams". Retrieved 2011-03-10.
- National Highway System: Ohio (PDF) (Map). Federal Highway Administration. December 2003. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1936. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Official Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1937. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1969. Retrieved 2011-03-09.
- Ohio Highway Map (MrSID) (Map). Cartography by ODOH. Ohio Department of Highways. 1971. Retrieved 2011-03-09.