Old Chatham, New York
|Old Chatham, New York|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
The center of Old Chatham is marked by a few businesses around the intersection of the Albany Turnpike and County Rt. 13. These businesses include the United States Post Office for area code 12136, the Old Chatham Country Store (which includes a cafe/restaurant), and Jackson's Old Chatham House (another restaurant). The Old Chatham Sheepherding Company is also located in Old Chatham. The Wilbor House, also known as The Thompson Farm, was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1997. Old Chatham is also the headquarters of Blass Communications. The town hosts a parade and sing-along that attracts over 1,000 people annually.
- Davenport, Arthur (1969-06-15). "An Uncertain Centennial For Chatham" (payment for complete article). The New York Times. p. XX7. Retrieved 2009-05-11.
The original Chatham changed its designation to Old Chatham. [...] The tiny village of Old Chatham, from which the present Chatham appropriated its name...
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
Businesses and attractions
- Blass Communications - Worldwide Branding & Marketing Communications
- Old Chatham Sheepherding Company
- Shaker Museum and Library
- Old Chatham Country Store
- Powell House - Quaker conference and retreat center
Organizations and activities
|This article about a location in Columbia County, New York is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|