Ole Jørgen Hammeken
|Ole Jørgen Hammeken|
Kingdom of Denmark
|Occupation||polar explorer, actor|
|Parent(s)||Maritha and Motzflot Hammeken|
He participated in 2007 in the 'Global Warming Dogsled Expedition' – a journey of over 500 km (310 mi) up and over the Greenland ice sheet from Uummannaq Fjord to Ilulissat, intended to draw people's attention to climate change and global warming.
In 2008, Hammeken completed a circumpolar voyage in a motorized open boat. In February 2009, Hammeken planned a centennial dog sled trip from northern Canada to the North Pole, 771 km (480 mi), one-way, minimum distance, retracing the footsteps of Robert Peary. He is a member of The Explorers Club.
|“||It is important to have all these things right because we were colonized so long ago, we can't remember what we forgot.||”|
|— Hammeken commenting on the Danish-to-Greenlandic name changes in cartography|
- "Nødstedt i Ishavet". Berlingske Tidende (in Danish). 13 September 2003. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- Ehrlich, Gretel (2001). This Cold Heaven: Seven Seasons in Greenland. Random House. pp. 5–9. ISBN 978-0-679-75852-5.
- "Vil åbne ny slæderute mellem Ilulissat og Uummannaq". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 19 March 2007. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Expedition to follow in Peary's tracks". Sermitsiaq. 19 October 2008. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Greenlandic explorer Ole Jørgen Hammeken to commemorate Peary's centenary". Explorersweb. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Grønlænder i eventyrerklub". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 4 January 2008. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Filmen 'Inuk' havde premiere i dag". Sermitsiaq (in Danish). 20 April 2010. Retrieved 17 July 2010.
- "Children's Home Uummannaq". Children's Home Uummannaq, Official Website. Retrieved 17 July 2010. (iframes required)
- "Suluk 2010 No.1" (PDF). Air Greenland. Retrieved 17 July 2010.[permanent dead link]
- Ehrlich, Gretel (2001). This Cold Heaven: Seven Seasons in Greenland. Random House. p. 265. ISBN 978-0-679-75852-5.
- "Bardot Proviant Klub: media, misunderstanding and Greenland". Mediamatic. Retrieved 17 July 2010.