Omar 'The White Sudani' Ramzi
||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (September 2011)|
|Omar 'The White Sudani' Ramzi|
Performing in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
June 5, 1983 |
Jeddah, Saudi Arabia
|Genres||Satire, improvisational comedy, mimicry, impersonations, observational comedy, theatrical comedy|
|Influences||Will Ferrell, Dave Chappelle, Eddie Murphy, Dane Cook, Ricky Gervais, Sacha Baron Cohen, Pablo Franciso|
Omar Ramzi (Arabic: عمر رمزي; born June 5, 1983) is the first white Sudanese stand-up comedian and one of the first stand-up comedians to perform on stage professionally in Saudi Arabia and has opened for a number of accomplished stand-up comedians from the US and the UK.
Bio and career
Omar Ramzi was born and raised in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. His mother is Irish and his father is Sudanese and he is known in the comedy world as 'The White Sudani' (Sudani is Sudanese in Arabic) His debut as a stand-up comedian was in February, 2009, opening for Ahmed Ahmed in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia along with a few other local comedians for Smile Productions.
Since then he has been doing shows in all the major cities in Saudi Arabia and Egypt: Jeddah, Riyadh, Khobar, Cairo and Alexandria He has opened for several other world renowned stand-up comedians such as Ahmed Ahmed, Maz Jobrani, Angelo Tsarouchas, Dean Edwards, Jeff Mirza and Erik Griffin. He has performed at shows hosted by Smile Productions, Luxury Events, Rehman and Friends, Century Events and Al Hezb el Comedy.
Appearances and video footage
He performed and was interviewed on the Saudi 2 Channel show 'A day in the life of' A day in the life of and he has acted in the music video 'Never Too Late' by Prince Faisal Al-Saud Never too late Which aired on MTV Arabia He has posted a selection of videos of his performances and other comical material on his YouTube Channel 
- "Stand-up in Saudi? You must be joking". Archive.arabnews.com. 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Jarjour, Maya. "Changing perceptions through laughter". Arab News. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "UN International Youth Day » Fainak? - Helping community to grow". Fainak.com. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Stand-up Comedy in KSA - Featured - News & Events". Shuhra.com. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- Mossalli, Marriam. "Celebrating our youth: UN event seeks to promote dialogue and mutual understanding in the Kingdom". Arab News. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "The April fool’s night of comedy". Saudi Gazette. 2009-04-23. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Dazzling moves & music at city show". Saudi Gazette. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "Local talent to shine at The Century Event". Saudi Gazette. 2011-05-29. Retrieved 2011-09-07.
- "WHAT’S IT LIKE BEING A STAND-UP COMIC IN SAUDI ARABIA?". VICE. 2013-01-17.
- "Saudi comedians test authorities' limits online". France 24. Retrieved 2014-02-24.