On Your Feet or on Your Knees
|On Your Feet or on Your Knees|
|Live album by Blue Öyster Cult|
|Released||February 27, 1975|
|Recorded||April 27, 1974
October 5–21, 1974
Academy of Music, New York City
Paramount Theatre, Portland, Oregon
Paramount Theatre, Seattle, Washington
Show Palace, Phoenix, Arizona
Long Beach Arena, Long Beach, California
P.N.E. Coliseum, Vancouver, British Columbia
Capitol Theatre, New Jersey
|Blue Öyster Cult chronology|
|Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal||8/10|
On Your Feet or on Your Knees is the first live album by the American rock band Blue Öyster Cult released on February 27, 1975 by Columbia Records. Each of the band's first three studio albums is represented by three songs, two other songs are covers ("I Ain't Got You", albeit with modified lyrics, and "Born to Be Wild"), and one ("Buck's Boogie") is an original instrumental that remains a staple of the band's live shows to this day. The 12 songs include performances at the Academy of Music in New York City, the Paramount Theatre in Portland, the Paramount Theatre in Seattle, the Show Palace in Phoenix, the Long Beach Arena, the P.N.E. Coliseum in Vancouver and the Capitol Theatre in New Jersey, though it is not clear which songs came from which venues and on what dates.
|2.||"Harvester of Eyes"||4:55|
|3.||"Hot Rails to Hell"||5:55|
|4.||"The Red and the Black"||4:33|
|5.||"Seven Screaming Diz-Busters"||8:27|
|1.||"Last Days of May"||4:35|
|2.||"Cities on Flame"||4:08|
|4.||"Before the Kiss (A Redcap)"||5:05|
|5.||"Maserati GT (I Ain't Got You)"||8:59|
|6.||"Born to Be Wild"||6:36|
- Band members
- Eric Bloom - Lead vocals on tracks 1-2, 4-5, 9, 11-12, stun guitar, synthesizer
- Donald "Buck Dharma" Roeser - lead guitar, lead vocals on "Last Days of May" and "Before the Kiss (A Redcap)"
- Allen Lanier - rhythm guitar, keyboards
- Joe Bouchard - bass, lead vocals on "Hot Rails to Hell"
- Albert Bouchard - drums, guitar, lead vocals on "Cities on Flame"
- Murray Krugman, Sandy Pearlman - producers
- Tom Scott, Kurt Kuntzel, Aaron Baron, Tim Geelan, Pete Weiss, Jerry Smith - engineers
- Jack Douglas - engineer, mixing
- John Berg and Gerard Huerta - design
- John Berg - cover photo
The cover lettering designed by Gerard Huerta, which was also used on the 2012 boxed set, was one of the first "Heavy Metal" logo designs.
|1975||Billboard 200 (United States)||22|
|RPM100 Albums (Canada)||22|
- Ruhlmann, William. "Blue Öyster Cult On Your Feet or on Your Knees review". AllMusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- Christgau, Robert. "Consumer Guide Reviews: On Your Feet or on Your Knees". Robert Christgau. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- Popoff, Martin (October 2003). The Collector's Guide to Heavy Metal: Volume 1: The Seventies. Burlington, Ontario, Canada: Collector's Guide Publishing. ISBN 978-1894959025.
- Miller, Jim (8 May 1975). "Album Reviews: Blue Oyster Cult - On Your Feet or on Your K nees". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2008-01-19. Retrieved 2012-04-10.
- "On Your Feet or on Your Knees Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Blue Öyster Cult Billboard Albums". Allmusic. Rovi Corporation. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "Top Albums/CDs - Volume 23, No. 9, April 26, 1975". Library and Archives Canada. 26 April 1975. Retrieved 2012-03-16.
- "RIAA Searchable Database - search for On Your Feet or on Your Knees". Recording Industry Association of America. Retrieved 2012-03-16.