Lock in canal through Appelscha
Location in Friesland
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Harry Oosterman (CDA)|
|• Total||226.11 km2 (87.30 sq mi)|
|• Land||224.16 km2 (86.55 sq mi)|
|• Water||1.95 km2 (0.75 sq mi)|
|Elevation||7 m (23 ft)|
|• Density||114/km2 (300/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Ooststellingwerf [ˈoːststɛlɪŋˌʋɛr(ə)f] (listen) is a municipality in the province of Friesland in the northern Netherlands. It is one of the municipalities of Friesland where the spoken language is not West Frisian; instead, Stellingwerfs, a dialect of Dutch Low Saxon, is spoken here.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Ooststellingwerf, June 2015
- Anne Vondeling (1916 in Appelscha – 1979) a Dutch politician
- Prof Dirk ter Haar FRSE FIP (1919 in Oosterwolde – 2002) an Anglo-Dutch physicist
- Piet Bergveld (born 1940 in Oosterwolde) a Dutch emeritus professor of biosensors, invented ISFET
- Joop Alberda (born 1952 in Oosterwolde) a retired volleyball coach
- Halbe Zijlstra (born 1969 in Oosterwolde) a retired Dutch politician
- Jan Kromkamp (born 1980 in Makkinga) a Dutch retired footballer with 316 club caps
- Sjoerd Hamburger (born 1983 in Oldeberkoop) a rower who competes in the single scull, competed in the 2008 and 2012 Summer Olympics
- Marrit Steenbergen (born 2000 in Ooststellingwerf) a Dutch competitive swimmer, gold medallist at the 2015 European Games
- "College" [Executive board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Ooststellingwerf. Archived from the original on 27 September 2013. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 8431LE". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 22 September 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
|This Friesland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|