Ordinary Girl (Hannah Montana song)
|Single by Hannah Montana|
|from the album Hannah Montana Forever|
|Released||July 6, 2010|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Writer(s)||Toby Gad, Arama Brown|
|Hannah Montana singles chronology|
"Ordinary Girl" is a pop song by American singer–songwriter and actress Miley Cyrus, performing as Hannah Montana – the alter ego of Miley Stewart – a character she plays on the Disney Channel television series Hannah Montana. It was released to Radio Disney on July 2, 2010 as promotion for the fourth season of Hannah Montana. The song is musically country pop based. Lyrically, the track speaks about how Hannah Montana might be famous, but she is just an ordinary girl underneath. The song was later released on July 6, 2010 through digital distribution as the lead single from the soundtrack of the same title as the special title (Hannah Montana Forever) of the fourth and final season of the series.
Background and composition
An audio sample of Hannah Montana's "Ordinary Girl" featuring the first chorus of the song.
|Problems playing this file? See media help.|
"Ordinary Girl" was written by Toby Gad and Arama Brown, and was released as the lead single from Hannah Montana Forever. It premiered on Radio Disney on July 2, 2010 and was released on July 6, 2010 to all digital outlets. On October 15, 2010, the song will be released as a CD single. It is featured in the second episode of Hannah Montana Forever (final season), "Hannah Montana to the Principal's Office". "Ordinary Girl" is a song with a length of two minutes and fifty-nine seconds.
Stephanie Bruzzese of CommonSenseMedia stated that the song's "solid, snappy guitar hook is backed by catchy percussive clapping and a chorus of cute young voices -- a set-up that sounds more suited to Miley's maturing vocals." The song debuted at ninety-eight on the US Hot Digital Songs chart for the week ending July 11, 2010, then peaked at #49 two weeks later. The song has also debuted at #91 on Billboard's US Hot 100 on the week dated July 31, 2010. It spent two weeks at its peak, then fell off the chart.
Unlike other Hannah Montana music videos, "Ordinary Girl" is not a concert taping performance. Hannah in the video is also a model, and not Miley Cyrus, as Miley Cyrus refused to appear in the video. It premiered on July 2, 2010 and starts out in Montana's dressing room where she is getting ready for a concert. She uses her video camera to tape everything that goes on, leading up to her stepping onstage, where a screaming crowd is waiting. She waves, then hands the camera to a girl in the front row of the concert. The video then flashes to a school room where the girl has a party with her friends after receiving the camera, while shots from the Hannah Montana season 3 concert are playing on the chalk boards. The camera is then passed onto another girl who bumps into a boy who begins talking to her. R5 artists Riker and Ross Lynch are seen in the classroom.
- U.S. digital download
- "Ordinary Girl" (Album Version) – 2:57
- EU 2-Track CD Single
- "Ordinary Girl" (Album Version) – 2:57
- "Ordinary Girl" (Instrumental) – 2:57
|Radio Disney Top 30 Countdown||2|
|U.S Hot Digital Songs||48|
|US Billboard Hot 100||91|
|UK Singles Chart||93|
|United States||July 2, 2010||Radio Disney||Walt Disney Records|
|July 6, 2010||Digital download|
|Germany||October 15, 2010 ||CD single|
- on YouTube
- Toor, Armar (August 19, 2010). "'Hannah Montana Forever' -- 2010 New Album Preview". AOL. Time Warner. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- "Ordinary Girl - Single Hannah Montana". iTunes Store. Apple, Inc. Retrieved September 10, 2010.
- "Ordinary Girl: Hannah Montana: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2012-04-30.
- "Ordinary Girl (G-S-a 2-Track: Hannah Montana: Amazon.de: Musik". Amazon.de. Amazon.com. Retrieved October 3, 2010.
- "Disney". Radio Disney. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Ordinary Girl: Hannah Montana: MP3 Downloads". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Hannah Montana Forever". AlltheMusic.com. Retrieved August 1, 2011. External link in
- This review was written by Stephanie Bruzzese (2010-07-06). ""Ordinary Girl" (CD single) - Music Review". Commonsensemedia.org. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Ordinary Girl - Hannah Montana". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Music News, Reviews, Articles, Information, News Online & Free Music". Billboard.com. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Hannah Montana - Ordinary Girl". YouTube. The Walt Disney Company. Retrieved June 25, 2012.
- "Ordinary Girl (G-S-a 2-Track-S: Hannah Montana: Amazon.de: Musik". Amazon.de. 2009-09-09. Retrieved 2011-08-22.
- "Hannah Montana Album & Song Chart History". Billboard. Billboard.com. Retrieved August 21, 2011.
- "Singles Top 40 from the Official UK Charts Company". Theofficialcharts.com. Retrieved 2011-08-22.