Originator is a pair of young adult dystopian novels by Claire Carmichael that was published between 1998 and 1999. The first book, Originator, was published on September 1, 1998 by Random House. The second, Fabricant, was released the following year on October 1.
The series follows Adam and Callie, two teenagers growing up in a dystopian society where various plagues have killed off a large portion of humanity. The resulting chaos stemming from the apocalyptic plagues have prompted the survivors to rank everyone in one of three categories: Leet, Mid, or Sub. Adam and Callie are part of the upper tier, the Leets, and live a relatively easy lifestyle that is threatened when their father Professor Richard Stillman is implicated with the crime of human cloning and eugenics.
- Kliatt Young Adult Paperback Book Guide, Volume 35. Kliatt. 2001. p. 54.
- "On Books for Young Adults". Viewpoint. 6 (3): 34–35. Spring 1998. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- Debowski, Shelda (Feb99, Vol. 43 Issue 1). "Older Readers". Reading Time. Retrieved April 30, 2014 Abstract: Book review. (Database: Ebsco). Check date values in:
- Macintyre, Pam (February 2000). "Generation Next". The Australian's Review of Books. 5 (1): 15–16. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Originator (review)". AudioFile. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
- "Fabricant (review)". AudioFile. Retrieved 14 April 2014.
|This article about a 1990s novel is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
See guidelines for writing about novels. Further suggestions might be found on the article's talk page.