|• Municipal unit||1,899|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
Orosh (or Albanian: Oroshi) is a small village in Mirditë within the county of Lezhë in the northwest of the Republic of Albania. Geographically, it is located inside the mountainous region of northern Albania in the Valley of Fan.
The seat of the former municipality was the town of Reps. The former Orosh Abbey was located in the municipality. Terenzio Tocci gathered the Mirdita chieftains on April 26, 1911 in Orosh, proclaimed the independence of Albania, raised the flag of Albania and established the provisional government.
- 2011 census results Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Law nr. 115/2014 Archived 2015-09-24 at the Wayback Machine
- Elsie, Robert (2004), Historical dictionary of Albania, Lanham, Md.: Scarecrow Press, p. 444, ISBN 978-0-8108-4872-6, OCLC 52347600,
Tocci Torenzio....On 26 April 1911 he gathered the chieftains of Mirdita near Orosh and proclaimed independence of Albania, hoisting the Albanian flag for the first time since the death of Skanderbeg
- Skendi, Stavro (1967). The Albanian national awakening. Princeton: Princeton University Press. pp. 412, 440. ISBN 9781400847761.
- Gawrych, George (2006). The crescent and the eagle: Ottoman rule, Islam and the Albanians, 1874–1913. London: IB Tauris. p. 186. ISBN 9781845112875.
|This article about a specific location in Lezhë County, Albania, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|