Oto Pestner is one of the most prominent singers and composers of popular music from Slovenia, born in 1956 in Ljubljana. Until 2008, he was the leader of the Slovene vocal group New Swing Quartet.
From 1986 to 1991 and in 1995, he was member of Alpski kvintet (German: Alpenoberkrainer).
Pestner has performed with world renowned artists like Golden Gate Quartet, Bobby McFerrin, Mercer Ellington, Dexter Gordon, New York Voices, Sheila Raye Charles, The Brown Sisters, Ladies of Song, B.B. King, Acappella, Ridgewood Baptist Choir, Perpetuum Jazzile, Divas, Oliver Dragojević, The Eugster Brothers and others. Some of his hits include "Vse je lepše, ker te ljubim" (1971), "Trideset let" (1972), "Dan ljubezni" (1975), "Bisere imaš v očeh" (1978), "Tople julijske noči" (1979), "Moja dežela" (1986), "Ciganska kri" (1991), "Dan za zaljubljene" (1993).   
- "Biography - Oto Pestner". Official site. 21 April 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-04-23. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Oto Pestner Discography". Discogs. 21 April 2016. Archived from the original on 2016-04-23. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- "Grajska noč pod zvezdami: Oto Pestner s pesmimi Elvisa Presleya in Lado Leskovar s pesmimi Fanka Sinatre" [Oto Pestner performing songs of Elvis Presley and Lado Leskovar performing Frank Sinatra]. Aug 2015. Archived from the original (HTML) on 2017-07-19. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- Mehle, Borut (Dec 2016). "Oto Pestner: Ko poješ, se moraš počutiti udobno" [Oto Pestner: when you sing you must feel comfortable]. Archived from the original (HTML) on 2017-07-19. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
- "Oto Pestner ob življenjskem jubileju z dvema koncertoma v CD" [Oto Pestner at life anniversary with two concerts in the Cankar's concert hall]. Dec 2015. Archived from the original (HTML) on 2017-07-19. Retrieved 2017-07-19.
|This Slovenian biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|