This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2008)
|Revenue||14.3 Billion EUR (2019/2020)|
Number of employees
|Subsidiaries||Crate & Barrel, bonprix, About You, 3 Suisses|
Otto GmbH & Co KG (doing business as Otto Group, stylized as otto group, formerly Otto Versand) is a German mail order company and one of the world's biggest e-commerce companies. Based in Hamburg, it operates in more than twenty countries. Otto is primarily a retail e-commerce company, and as a shareholder, it also operates in e-commerce services. The Otto group has expanded into real estate and financial services.
The family of executive board chairman Michael Otto owns the majority of the company. The company is based in Hamburg, Germany. It was founded by Werner Otto in 1949. The first catalogue was hand produced offering twenty eight styles of shoes.
On 25 May 2005, Spiegel, Inc., emerged from bankruptcy renamed Eddie Bauer Holdings, and was primarily owned by Commerzbank.
Individual companies of the Otto Group:
- About You
- Alba Moda
- Baumarkt Direct
- Crate & Barrel
- Freemans Grattan Holdings
- Hanseatic Bank (25%)
- Hanseatic Versicherungsdienst
- Hansecontrol-Cert (49%)
- Hermes Europe
- Bombay Company
- MyToys.de (74.8%)
- OTTO Doosan Mail Order
- OTTO Group Russia
- OTTO Japan
- Eddie Bauer Japan
- OTTO Office (verkauft an Printus im Jahr 2015)
- Otto International
- Phi-t products & services (50%)
- 3 Suisses International Group
- Witt Weiden
- Witt International UK
- "Annual Report 2019/20" (PDF). Retrieved 13 July 2020.
- Manning, C. J. "Catalog Shopping". HowToGermany.com. Retrieved 2010-07-24.
- "Otto & Family". Forbes. Retrieved August 8, 2016.
- News, Ecommerce (8 July 2013). "Otto wants to buy e-commerce assets of 3SI". Ecommercenews.eu. Retrieved 2013-07-08.
|last=has generic name (help)
- "Information about Otto GmbH". Meingutscheinecode. 7 September 2016. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- http://www.theolympian.com/2011/12/27/1926895/german-industry-mogul-werner-otto.html[permanent dead link]
- "Otto Group: Printus übernimmt OTTO Office".
- https://www.deutsche-startups.de/verzeichnisse/startups-a-z/ratepay/ RatePAY is a subsidiarie of Otto Group
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Otto-Versand.|