London School of Economics|
St Antony's College, Oxford
University of Hull
|Occupation||Journalist, presenter, writer|
|Relatives||Peter Bennett-Jones (brother)|
Owen Bennett-Jones is a freelance British journalist and one of the hosts of Newshour on the BBC World Service. As a former BBC correspondent having been based in several countries, he also regularly reports from around the world.
Bennett-Jones was educated at Canford School, in Dorset. He graduated from the London School of Economics. In 1983, he obtained his MPhil in politics from St Antony's College, Oxford. He also has a PhD from the University of Hull.
This section of a biography of a living person does not include any references or sources. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bennett-Jones has written for several British newspapers, including The Guardian, Financial Times and The Independent, as well as the London Review of Books. His recent London Review of Books articles have dealt with the MEK – a dissident Iranian militant group – and the assassination of Benazir Bhutto. He has also been a presenter of many programmes on the BBC World Service as well as a resident foreign correspondent in Bucharest, Geneva, Islamabad, Hanoi and Beirut. 
In 2008, he won the Sony Radio Gold Award in the News Journalist of the Year.
In 2012, he co-wrote a radio play about the assassination of the Pakistani politician Salman Taseer titled Blasphemy and the Governor of Punjab, which was broadcast on BBC Radio 4 and the World Service.
In 2013, Bennett-Jones published his first book of fiction, Target Britain, a thriller set amid the war on terror.
- Alumni Updates - MT13 St Antony's College, Oxford
- Renowned print and broadcast journalist Dr Owen Bennet-Jones to lecture at Aberystwyth University Aberystwyth University
- The Sony radio awards - the winners, the losers... and George Lamb The Guardian
- I Love My Radio: My Stroll With Owen Bennett-Jones Huffpost
- Bennett-Jones, Owen (2003). Pakistan: Eye of the Storm. ISBN 9780300101478.
- Singh, Sarina & Bennett=Jones, Owen & Mock, John & O'Neil, Kimberley & Brown, Lindsay & Yasmeen, Samina (2004). Pakistan and the Karakoram Highway. Lonely Planet. ISBN 9780300101478.
- Joe Queenan, "Rewind radio", The Guardian, 9 September 2012.
- Bennett=Jones, Owen (2013). Target Britain. ASIN B00C31Q7Q0.
- Peter Bennett-Jones: My Life In Media The Independent