|Designer||C. Klok (exterior design)|
|First flight||March 2012|
The PAL-V ONE in flight is an autogyro or gyrocopter, with a foldable pusher propeller providing forward thrust and a free-spinning rotor providing lift. Directional stability is provided by twin boom-mounted tailfins.
It has a tricycle undercarriage with relatively large wheels.
On the ground, the propeller and rotor are stopped and power is diverted to the wheels, allowing it to travel as a three-wheeled car. Unusually, it leans into turns like a motorcycle, a solution pioneered by the Carver vehicle, also produced by a Dutch company.
A prototype model has been test flown in 2012. The company is seeking funds to develop the type for production. Estimated unit price in 2012 was around $300,000.
In May 2014 the manufacturer announced the flying car will be taken in production, with an exclusive limited edition 45 units at 500,000 euro each, with orders being taken from later that year, and first deliveries in 2016/2017.
- Crew: 1
- Capacity: 2
- Length: 13 ft 1 in (4 m) with rotor folded
- Width: 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m) with rotor folded
- Height: 5 ft 3 in (1.6 m) with rotor folded
- Empty weight: 1,499 lb (680 kg)
- Gross weight: 2,006 lb (910 kg)
- Propellers: 2-bladed
- Maximum speed: 97 kn (112 mph; 180 km/h)
- Stall speed: 0 kn (0 mph; 0 km/h)
- Never exceed speed: 97 kn (112 mph; 180 km/h)
- Range: 220-315 mile range in-flight, 750mile range on land.
- PAL-V website
- "PAL-V One: Future Fantasy Trike" Future Cars. 15 May 2010 (outdated specs). Quote: "PAL-V One incorporates the Dynamic Vehicle Control (DVC™) technology pioneered in the 3-wheeled Carver One"
- "Dutchmen invent plausible flying car" TopGear, 3 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012. Quote: "PAL-V features the same Dynamic Vehicle Control system used on the Carver ONE"
-  From PAL-V technical brochure
- Quick, Darren. "PAL-V flying car makes successful first test flight" GizMag, 2 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Notable Roadable". Sport Aviation: 16. May 2012.
- "Will sales of flying car take off?" BBC News, 2 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
-  An embedded video of the PAL-V ONE in ground and air operation
- Flying car makes maiden voyage (57 pictures) Washington Post, 3 April 2012. Retrieved 4 April 2012.
- "Vliegende auto Pal-V One uit Raamsdonksveer in productie, te koop voor 500.000 euro" [Flying car Pal-V One from Raamsdonksveer in production, for sale at 500,000 euro] (in Dutch). Retrieved 7 May 2014.
- "Pal-V One Target Specifications". Retrieved 4 April 2012.