Palmer High School (Alaska)
|Palmer High School|
|1170 W. Arctic Ave.
Palmer, Alaska 99654
|School type||Public secondary school|
|School district||Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District|
|Enrollment||900 (September 2008)|
|Student to teacher ratio||18:1 (2005)|
|Color(s)||Blue and white|
Palmer High School is a high school located in the Matanuska-Susitna Borough in the city of Palmer, Alaska. Its mission is to prepare lifelong learners, community assets, and citizens of integrity. It offers in-depth courses in fine arts, mathematics, world languages, physical education and health, science, English, social sciences, and career and technical education. Student support services are available for students.
The school was established in 1936.
Demographics and statistics
[when?]Palmer High School accommodates 900 students in grades 9 through 12. Out of these students, 210 are freshmen, 264 are sophomores, 248 are juniors, and 181 are seniors. The teacher-student ratio is 1:23.1, compared to the state average of 1:20.
As of 2014 78% of the students were non-Hispanic/Latino White, 9% were Alaska Native, 7% were of more than one race, 3% were Hispanic or Latino, and 3% were Indian.
As of 2014 all of the teachers were non-Hispanic/Latino White, and almost all of the teachers were U.S. citizens and native English speakers, with the exception of the French teacher, a French citizen.
- "Alaska Public Schools Database". National Center for Education Statistics. Archived from the original on 2008-11-14. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Van Sack, Jessica (2008-09-02). "Alaska principal: Bristol Palin's situation will be a learning opportunity for teens". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on 2009-10-21. Retrieved 21 October 2009.
- "Wasilla High School". Alaska School Activities Association. Archived from the original on 2009-01-29. Retrieved 2009-01-29.
- "Executive Summary Palmer High School Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District." AdvancED. p. 2 (PDF p. 4/11). Retrieved on March 12, 2017.
- "Executive Summary Palmer High School Matanuska-Susitna Borough School District." AdvancED. p. 3 (PDF p. 5/11). Retrieved on March 12, 2017.
- "Palmer High School". IB World Schools. IBO. Retrieved 2008-09-04.
|This Alaska school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|