|Directed by||Raju Eswaran|
|Produced by||Abhirami Ramanathan|
|Written by||Raju Eswaran|
M. S. Baskar
|Music by||Sundar C Babu|
Abirami Mega Mall
Panchamirtham is 2008 Tamil-language fantasy comedy film scripted and directed by Raju Eswaran, it stars Jayaram, Prakash Raj and "Raju Eswaran" in the lead roles, while Aravind Akash, Nassar, Samiksha and Saranya Mohan play other prominent roles. Produced by Abhirami Ramanathan, the film was released on 25 December 2008.
The story begins at Ravana's (Prakashraj) abode and the time of Ramayana when he orders his uncle Mareesan (Jayaram) to transform into a deer to abduct Seetha. Mareesan argues with Ravana but finally complies since Idumba (Raju Eswaran) and Ravana threaten the life of Mareesan's lover (Samiksha). Finally the said thing happens and Mareesan gets struck by the arrow by lord Rama, he becomes a rock but not before he transforms Idumba into an anklet and wears it on his leg. Times change and the modern day comes. Rajaram (Nasser) is a very rich man who owns tea estates and he has Seetha (Saranya Mohan) as his dietitian and Sri Rama (Arvind Akash) as the cook. Both Rama and Seetha are in love, on the other hand Rajaram's relatives (M. S. Bhaskar and Mayilsamy) plan a plot to take the property. In this process, they end up planning to kill Seetha by pushing her from a mountain top. Seetha falls directly on the rock idol of Mareesan and he gets his human form. At the same time, his anklet falls off and is eaten by a fish. That fish is caught by fisherman Manickam (Nasser again) and Idumba gets his human form. The age old enmity crops up and while Mareesan vows to protect Seetha, Idumba plans to help Manickam get Rajaram's property as half brother. What happens from there forms the rest of the story..
- Jayaram as Mareesan
- Prakash Raj as Ravanan
- Nassar as Rajaram and Manickam
- Aravind Akash as Sriram
- Saranya Mohan as Seetha
- Samiksha as Mandahini
- Karunas as Pandi
- Ganja Karuppu as Muthu
- M. S. Baskar as Thirupathi
- Raju Eshwar as Idumban
- Ilavarasu as Kasi
- Regina Cassandra as Seetha
Abirami Ramanathan, well-known theatre owner and Managing Director of Abirami Mega Mall, forayed into film production with Panchamirtham. The film's inaugural function was held on 13 July 2008. Director, K. Balachander, KRG, Kalaipuli S Dhanu, Kalaipuli Sekaran, Sarath Kumar, Radha Ravi and Rama Narayanan inaugurated the function, A song sequence with Nasser was filmed during the pooja. Earlier Vivek and Vadivelu was said to be the part of this film but proved untrue. A song featuring Saranya Mohan was shot in Ooty and actress-cum-dance master Gayathri Raghuram choreographed it.
Soundtrack was composed by Sundar C. Babu and lyrics for all songs were written by Vaali.
- Panchamirtham — MS Viswanathan
- Thandana Thandana — Shreya Ghoshal
- Nadhikkarai Oram — Madhu Balakrishnan, Chithra
- Kadhal Vandhal — Karthik, Rita
- Uchathula Aandavan — Naveen Madhav
Nowrunning wrote: "With so many comedians, this film is a slapstick comedy. With children as its target audience, the film entertains". Indiaglitz wrote: "Panchamirtham is a laugh-riot". Rediff wrote: "Even if it isn't as funny or classy as they had promised, the team does deliver some laughs". Kollywood today wrote: "Panchamirtham is a fantastic treat. But unfortunately, there are whole lot of traces of TV serial and Raju Eeswaran with his knack tactics could’ve dealt with this". Behindwoods wrote: "worth a watch".
- "Panchamirtham from a Mall! - Behindwoods.com Abirami Ramanathan Abirami Mega Mall Director K Balachander KRG Kalaipuli S Dhanu Kalaipuli Sekaran Sarath Kumar Radha Ravi Rama Narayanan hot images picture gallery". Behindwoods. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Abirami Ramanathan ready to serve 'Panchamirtham' - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2008-07-10. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Vivek, Vadivelu in Panchamirtham? - Tamil Movie News". IndiaGlitz. 2008-07-29. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Panchamirtham in Ooty". IndiaGlitz. 2008-08-25. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Panchamirutam Songs — Tamil movie songs — Raaga.com". Raaga.com. Retrieved 17 February 2016.
- Mythily Ramachandran (2008-12-27). "Panchamirtham Review". Nowrunning.com. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Panchamirtham Tamil Movie Review". IndiaGlitz. 2008-12-26. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Panchamirtham is a laugh riot". Rediff. 2008-12-26. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Review — Panchamirtham". Kollywood Today. 2008-12-25. Retrieved 2012-10-18.
- "Panchamirtham Movie Review". Behindwoods. 2007-12-05. Retrieved 2012-10-18.