|Genres||Progressive rock, psychedelic rock|
|Members||Steinar Børve |
The band plays instrumental RIO or progressive rock with a humoristic twist ("Progressive Rock with a friendly face", in their own words), which is often reminiscent of inspirational precursors such as Samla Mammas Manna, King Crimson, Henry Cow, Univers Zero, Happy The Man and Frank Zappa.
Panzerpappa have released five studio albums since their inception in 1998.
- Steinar Børve (saxophones, keyboards)
- Trond Gjellum (drums, percussion, samplers and several other instruments and sounds)
- Anders Krabberød (bass guitars, Chapman Stick, ekstra keyboards)
- Jarle Storløkken (guitars, keyboards, accordion)
- 2000: Passer Gullfisk (Panzerpappa)
- 2002: Hulemysteriet (Panzerpappa)
- 2004: Farlig Vandring (Avant Audio Productions)
- 2006: Koralrevens Klagesang (Schmell Records)
- 2012: Astromalist (Rune Grammofon)
- 2016: Pestrottedans (AltrOck Records)
- 2019: Summarisk Suite (Apollon Records)