17 April 1966
|Spouse(s)||Andrea Carnevale (1990–97)|
|Partner(s)||Lucio Presta (2001–present)|
Giulia (born 1992)|
Riccardo (born 1996)
Paola Perego (Italian pronunciation: [ˌpaːola ˈpɛːreɡo], born 17 April 1966) is an Italian television host.
Perego was born in Monza. She spent her first twenty years in Brugherio where her grandparents lived. She made her debut in 1982 as a model after visiting a friend in Milan. In 1983 she started working in TV in the local station Antenna 3 Lombardia with comedians Ric e Gian and Teo Teocoli in Ric e Gian graffiti. She was noticed by the Fininvest television network and signed a contract with it in 1984.
She started working on Italia 1 with Marco Columbro in the primetime show Autostop, and during the 1980s worked in several entertainment and sports shows including Record, Superecord, American Ball, Cadillac, Grand Prix, Azzurro and Calciomania.
In 1991 she moved to Telemontecarlo where she presented Settimo squillo with Remo Girone, and the primetime medicine show Quando c'è la salute, with Tiberio Timperi during the 1991/1992 season. The next year she signed a contract with RAI and, from 1992 to 1996, hosted the daily shows Mattina due, In famiglia, Pomeriggio in famiglia and Mattina in famiglia, initially with Alessandro Cecchi Paone and then Massimo Giletti.
She returned to Fininvest, which had become Mediaset, in 1996, and after hosting the short show Aspettando Beautiful replaced Rita Dalla Chiesa in the historical transmission Forum, aired by Retequattro. She has remained in Forum for six years, until 2003. In 2002 hosted a primetime show on Retequattro, named I sette vizi capitali.
In 2003 she made her return in RAI and remained until 2005. In that year she replaced Alda D'Eusanio in Rai 2's Al posto tuo show, In February 2004 has led to success the Italian version of The Mole, named La talpa, replacing Amanda Lear who left after the first episode.
After conducting Castrocaro Music Festival and Sanremo estate with Toto Cutugno, she came back to Mediaset in September 2005 hosting the second season of La talpa on Italia 1. In January 2006 replaced the journalists Benedetta Corbi and Giuseppe Brindisi in the afternoon infotainment show Verissimo, aired by Canale 5; the decision, taken by Mediaset leaders, has been criticized by the transmission's journalist staff.
In September 2006 left hosting Verissimo and replaced Maurizio Costanzo in the Sunday show Buona domenica, giving rise to several criticisms of the quality of the content of the transmission. In June 2008 also hosted the pilot Il momento della verità, the Italian version of Nada más que la verdad, aired by Italia 1. In the 2008/2009 season Buona domenica was cancelled and she hosted a new Sunday show, Questa domenica. In autumn 2008 she also hosted the third of La talpa, on Italia 1, and from march to April 2009 has presented the fourth edition of the Italian version of The Farm, named La fattoria, on Canale 5.
After a period of absence from the screen, she came back in TV in March 2010 replacing Barbara d'Urso in the primetime show Lo show dei record, aired by Canale 5. In May and June of the same year hosted the Italia 1 primetime show Wind Music Awards, recorded at the Verona Arena.
She came back to RAI in September 2010 hosting the afternoon show Se... a casa di Paola, aired from Monday to Friday by Rai 1: the program finished in June 2011. From 13 January to 2 March 2012 she host the prime time show Attenti a quei due - la sfida, aired on Friday by Rai 1. From November 2012 she host the prime time show Superbrain, aired on Saturday by Rai 1.
- Ric e Gian graffiti (Antenna 3 Lombardia, 1983)
- Autostop (Italia 1, 1984)
- Zodiaco (1985)
- Azzurro (Italia 1, 1986)
- Tuttinfamiglia (Canale 5, 1988)
- Calciomania (Italia 1, 1990)
- Settimo squillo (Telemontecarlo, 1991)
- Quando c'è salute (Telemontecarlo, 1991–92)
- Mattina due/In famiglia (Rai 2, 1992–96)
- Zecchino d'Oro (Rai 1, 1996)
- Aspettando beautiful (Canale 5, 1996)
- Forum (Rete 4, 1997–2003)
- Forum di sera (Rete 4, 1997)
- Canzoni sotto l'albero (Canale 5, 1997)
- Salto nel buio (Rete 4, 2001, 2004)
- I sette vizi (Rete 4, 2002)
- Festival di Castrocaro (Rai 1, 2003–04)
- Al posto tuo (Rai 2, 2003–05)
- Sanremo estate (Rai 1, 2004)
- La talpa (Rai 2, Italia1, 2004–2005, 2008)
- Verissimo (Canale 5, 2006)
- Buona Domenica (Canale 5, 2006–08)
- Il momento della verità (Italia 1, 2008)
- Questa domenica (Canale 5, 2008–09)
- Questo capodanno (Canale 5, 2008)
- La fattoria (Canale 5, 2009)
- Lo show dei record (Canale 5, 2010)
- Wind Music Awards (Italia 1, 2010)
- Se... a casa di Paola (Rai 1, 2010–11)
- Attenti a quei due - la sfida (Rai 1, 2012)
- Superbrain (Rai 1, 2012)
- Domenica in (Rai 1, since 2014)
|2010||Distretto di polozia 10||celebrity||1 episode|
|2012||My families||Perla||TV movie|
|2013||Il tredicesimo apostolo||Clara Antinori||Season 2|
- Interview with Paola Perego, face Rai Uno: "My 20 years in Brugherio.", Anna Lisa Fumagalli / November 16, 2013. NoiBrugherio.it, Retrieved 11 August 2015
- Ester Palma (2003-06-08). "Diciottenne telefonava tutto il giorno a Paola Perego". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 49. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Maria Volpe (2005-08-19). "Reality, l'ex marito contro la Ventura". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 33. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Con Cecchi Paone e Paola Perego da domani tutti "In famiglia"". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. 1993-12-03. p. 37. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Maria Volpe (1996-05-28). "Giletti si fa "I fatti vostri" e cerca la donna da sposare". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 32. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Emilia Costantini (1997-09-07). "La Perego: a "Forum" non sarò come Rita". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 35. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Aldo Grasso (2002-05-01). ""I sette vizi capitali": meglio il sensitivo dello psichiatra". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 38. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Perego: i bambini non sono scemi possono vedere Al posto tuo". la Repubblica (in Italian). Italy. 2003-09-11. p. 61. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Amanda Lear lascia La Talpa, arriva la Perego". la Repubblica (in Italian). Italy. 2004-02-03. p. 61. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Quella volta che un fan entrò in camerino". la Repubblica (in Italian). Italy. 2003-06-08. p. 5. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- "Vallesi è la "Talpa". A Sperti i 200mila euro". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. 2005-11-23. p. 45. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Maria Volpe (2005-12-23). "La Perego a "Verissimo". Giornalisti in agitazione". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 45. Retrieved 23 January 2011.
- Renato Franco (2006-11-11). "Troppe scollature a Buona domenica". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 45. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Aldo Grasso (2008-10-14). "La brutta trasmissione che spiega la vita". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 61. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Aldo Grasso (2008-10-18). "Santoro e Perego senza ironia". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 61. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Aldo Grasso (2009-03-10). "Nella "Fattoria" trionfa il supertrash". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 63. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- "Torna Antonella Clerici e fa boom di ascolti". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. 2010-03-29. p. 39. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Matteo Cruccu (2010-05-30). "Ligabue "re" nell'Arena. Kylie Minogue fa il fiore". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 47. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
- Chiara Maffioletti (2010-10-05). "Domenica in rosa, alla d'Urso il primo round". Corriere della Sera (in Italian). Italy. p. 55. Retrieved 24 January 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Paola Perego.|