||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Full name||Andrea Alessandro Carnevale|
|Date of birth||12 January 1961|
|Place of birth||Monte San Biagio, Italy|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 20 May 2009.
After playing for various Italian teams, Carnevale enjoyed notable success with Napoli from 1986 to 1990, playing alongside Diego Maradona and Careca, and winnng two Scudetti, one Coppa Italia, and an UEFA Cup.
In 1990, he moved to Roma, but after 4 goals in his first five games he was suspended for a year for illegal drug use, alongside teammate Angelo Peruzzi. He spent two more years in Rome before playing three seasons in Serie B for Pescara (twice) and Udinese.
Carnevale earned 10 caps and scored 2 goals for the Italy national football team between 1989 and 1990; he was also included in Italy's squad at the 1990 FIFA World Cup, where they finished third on home soil. Carnevale was a regular starter for the Italians in the run up to the tournament in friendlies and appeared in Italy's first two games.
After being replaced by Totò Schillaci in Italy's opening game of the 1990 tournament with Austria, Carnevale watched on as Schillaci scored 2 minutes later. Carnevale started the next game against USA, but after he failed to score, he was once again replaced by Schillaci. This was his last game for Italy.
- "Andrea Carnevale" (in Italian). Tutto Calciatori. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- Leonardo Ciccarelli (12 February 2013). "a storia siete voi: la vita in salita di Andrea Carnevale" (in Italian). Tutto Napoli. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Nazionale in Cifre: Carnevale, Andrea" (in Italian). FIGC. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "Andrea Carnevale Biography and Statistics". Sports Reference. Retrieved 2009-10-26.
- "Andrea Carnevale" (in French). Eurosport. Retrieved 20 December 2015.
- "Onoreficenze". quirinale.it (in Italian). 30 September 1991. Retrieved 19 March 2015.