This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||March 5, 1970|
Paolo Zampolli (born March 5, 1970) is an Italian-born New York City-based businessman, diplomat and environmental advocate.
Paolo Zampolli is an only child of a Milanese family. Paolo started his business career as a child as a member of his father's toy manufacturing business, Harbert. He was responsible for testing the prototypes and selecting which toys would be launched into the Italian market. Harbert biggest success was introducing to Italy the Star War figures and the Easy-Bake Oven (Italian: Dolce Forno). When he was aged 18, Zampolli lost his father in a skiing accident, when he inherited control of the family business, eventually selling it to Silvio Berlusconi.
In the mid 1990s, Paolo Zampolli founded ID Models in New York City. The agency operated until 2008 when Zampolli divested from various fashion-based businesses he owned and operated. He went on to form a partnership with the Trump Organization as Director of International Development.
While transitioning from the world of fashion to real estate, Zampolli as co-chairman of the Paramount Group, used fashion models to sell properties in Manhattan.
Zampolli has worked with several United Nations environmental projects, including hosting functions such as the United Nations Diamond Awards Gala for Renewable Energy and The Friends of Climate Change. Zampolli has served as President of Green Incorporated, a firm that collaborates with the United Nations on ecological projects.
As executive director of the International Renewable Energy Organization (I.R.E.O.), an intergovernmental organization, he has collaborated with the United Nations to organize various conferences on climate change. Zampolli hosted Climate Change I.R.E.O. conference which counted former U.S. President Bill Clinton as guest speaker.
In 2011, he was officially named Minister-Counsellor to the Permanent Mission of the Commonwealth of Dominica at the United Nations. In August 2012, he was appointed as Ambassador under the Tourism Ministry of Grenada. In October 2013, The Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit appointed Zampolli as United Nation Ambassador and Ambassador For Oceans and Seas for the Commonwealth of Dominica. In June 2014, Keith Mitchell Prime Minister of Grenada, appointed Zampolli's wife, Amanda Ungaro-Zampolli as United Nations ambassador in charge of Post 15th Agendas and responsible of the second committee with United Nations Ambassador Ranking. Ungaro-Zampolli is currently working under the 69th United Nations Vice President of the UN General Assembly for the Blue Economy.
Zampolli is currently developing World Artificial Intelligence Organization, an initiative with the goal to build strong partnerships between the technology leaders from the private sector, academic institutions, scientists, member states, international organizations, and UN Agencies.
- "un.int United Nations Blue Book Pg. 84; un.int" (PDF). un.int. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "AskMen.com Celebrity Profile Ana Hickmann | AskMen.com". Askmen.com. Retrieved 2015-12-26.
- "observer.com Ciao, Paolo! Donald's Matchmaker Goes From Pin-Ups to Penthouses; The New York Observer". observer.com. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- name="Donald meets Melania">"When Donald Met Melania, Paolo Was There". 1 September 2016 – via The New York Times.
- "theaustralian.com.au Catwalk models stimulate sales in upscale New York; The Australian". theaustralian.com.au. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- "Paolo Zampolli, empresario y colaborador de Naciones Unidas: «El camino natural para prosperar en los negocios es seguir la estela del poder | Diario de Ibiza". diariodeibiza.es. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- "prlog.org Climate Change IREO Conference presented by Paolo Zampolli; prlog.org". prlog.org. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "When Donald Met Melania, Paolo Was There". New York Times. Retrieved 2020-10-30.
- "zampolli.com about; zampolli.com". zampolli.com. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- "Paolo Zampolli back together with girlfriend Amanda Ungaro". New York Post. Retrieved 2020-10-30.