|Born||March 5, 1970|
Paolo Zampolli (born March 5, 1970) is an Italian-born New York City-based businessman. Zampolli is the Ambassador, Permanent Mission of Dominica to the United Nations.
Paolo Zampolli is an only child of a Milanese family.
In the mid 1990s, Paolo Zampolli founded ID Models in New York City. He went on to form a partnership with the Trump Organization as Director of International Development.
While transitioning from the world of fashion to real estate, Zampolli as co-chairman of the Paramount Group, used fashion models to sell properties in Manhattan. The New York office was located on the ground floor of 104 Greene Street in the heart of SoHo, and used primarily models from his modeling agency, ID Models, also located in New York City.
Zampolli has worked with several United Nations environmental projects, including hosting functions such as the United Nations Diamond Awards Gala for Renewable Energy and The Friends of Climate Change. Zampolli has served as President of Green Incorporated, a firm that collaborates with the United Nations on ecological projects.
As executive director of the International Renewable Energy Organization (I.R.E.O.), an intergovernmental organization, he has collaborated with the United Nations to organize various conferences on climate change. Zampolli hosted Climate Change I.R.E.O. conference which counted former U.S. President Bill Clinton as guest speaker.
In 2011, he was officially named Minister-Counsellor to the Permanent Mission of the Commonwealth of Dominica at the United Nations. In October 2013, The Prime Minister Roosevelt Skerrit appointed Zampolli as United Nation Ambassador and Ambassador For Oceans and Seas for the Commonwealth of Dominica. In June 2014, Keith Mitchell Prime Minister of Grenada, appointed Amanda Ungaro as United Nations ambassador in charge of Post 15th Agendas and responsible of the second committee with United Nations Ambassador Ranking. Ungaro is currently working under the 69th United Nations Vice President of the UN General Assembly for the Blue Economy.
John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts
On December 22, 2020, Mr. Zampolli was announced as an appointee Member of the Board of Trustees of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts by President Donald Trump.
President’s Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition
In January 2021, Zampolli was appointed to the President's Council on Sports, Fitness & Nutrition, joining prominent members such as: Herschel Walker, Bill Belichick, Johnny Damon, Natalie Gulbis, Misty May-Treanor, Urban Meyer, and Mariano Rivera. The council's stated purpose is to increase sports participation among youth of all backgrounds and abilities and to promote healthy and active lifestyles for all Americans.
- ^ "un.int United Nations Blue Book Pg. 84; un.int" (PDF). un.int. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- ^ "PROVISIONAL LIST OF DELEGATIONS TO THE UNITED NATIONS CONFERENCE ON SUSTANABLE DEVELOPMENT RIO+20" (PDF). UN.org. 22 June 2012. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- ^ "Model Mogul Paolo Zampolli Sells Gramercy Penthouse for $3.1 M". Newswire.com. 20 July 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2021.
- ^ "observer.com Ciao, Paolo! Donald's Matchmaker Goes From Pin-Ups to Penthouses; The New York Observer". observer.com. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- ^ "When Donald Met Melania, Paolo Was There". 1 September 2016 – via The New York Times.
- ^ Palmeri, Tara, Politico Playbook: Models and bottles: When Melania’s pal Paolo blew through D.C., Politico, October 15, 2021
- ^ "theaustralian.com.au Catwalk models stimulate sales in upscale New York; The Australian". theaustralian.com.au. Retrieved 2017-01-24.
- ^ "The Next Top Business Model : Paolo Zampolli". HauteLiving.com. 3 August 2007. Retrieved 12 April 2022.
- ^ "United Nations honors Steve Weisz". TicketNews.com. 20 May 2010. Retrieved 31 January 2021.
- ^ "Paolo Zampolli, empresario y colaborador de Naciones Unidas: «El camino natural para prosperar en los negocios es seguir la estela del poder | Diario de Ibiza". diariodeibiza.es. Retrieved 2009-08-29.
- ^ "UN Hosts Environmental Smoke and Mirrors, Naomi Campbell, Indigenous Outrage". Inner City Press. 18 May 2008. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- ^ "prlog.org Climate Change IREO Conference presented by Paolo Zampolli; prlog.org". prlog.org. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- ^ "Permanent Missions to the United Nations" (PDF). UN.org. 1 August 2019. Retrieved 3 February 2021.
- ^ "Permanent Missions to the United Nations" (PDF). stanford.edu. Retrieved 2020-12-23.
- ^ "United Nations Bluebook August 2018" (PDF). United Nations. 18 May 2008. Retrieved 18 February 2021.
- ^ "zampolli.com about; zampolli.com". zampolli.com. Retrieved 2017-01-02.
- ^ "President Donald J. Trump Announces Intent to Appoint Individuals to Key Administration Posts". whitehouse.gov. Retrieved 2020-12-23 – via National Archives.
- ^ "U.S. Department of Health and Human Services | Health.gov". ODPHD. Retrieved 2021-01-23.