Paramount Country Club
|Location||New City, New York|
|Designed by||A. W. Tillinghast|
logo of Paramount Country Club
Paramount Country Club (founded 1948) is a private country club located in New City, NY, on the site of Mountain View Farm, the former home of Paramount Pictures founder Adolf Zukor. It features an 18-hole golf course designed by golf course architect A.W. Tillinghast.
Paramount Country Club is located on land originally bought by Paramount Pictures founder Adolf Zukor in 1918, from Lawrence Abraham. Zukor expanded this estate, commissioning noted golf course architect A.W. Tillinghast to build an eighteen-hole golf course on the property, which opened in 1920.
Following the reorganization of Paramount Pictures in 1936, Zukor was not able to continue maintaining the Mountain View Farm estate as a private property, and so opened it for membership as the Mountain View Golf and Country Club. In 1948, he sold the property, which became the Dells Golf and Country Club and then Dellwood Country Club. In 2011 the club changed its name to Paramount Country Club, "a name which better reflects the rich history of the club." 
Paramount Country Club's Golf Course was voted as having the Best U.S. Private Renovation in the January 2014 issue of Golf Magazine.
As well as the 18-hole championship golf course, Paramount Country Club has other sporting facilities, such as 12 har-tru tennis courts and an olympic-sized swimming pool.
|This section does not cite any sources. (December 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The head Golf Professional at Paramount Country Club is Steve Scott, who battled with Tiger Woods in the 1996 U.S. Amateur. The head Tennis Professional is Vlad Damian, who was a top 10 nationally ranked junior in Romania, as well as, a former member of the Romania's national tennis team.
- "Dellwood Country Club Discovers its History, Mayor Rudy Giuliani Attends". The Tillinghast Association. Archived from the original on January 14, 2009. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- "Dellwood Country Club". Golf.com. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- "Syndicate to Take Zukor's Property". New York Times. 1948-11-09. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- "Zukor Estate Taken for Use As a Club". New York Times. 1949-02-17. Retrieved 2009-10-14.
- "Dellwood Country Club - Club History". paramountcountryclub.com. Retrieved 2 March 2011.
- Time Magazine, January 14, 1929 Volume XIII Number 2, page 26