Park View School, Chester-le-Street
Entrance to the main building
Behave with honesty, treat people with sincerity
|Chair||Dr William Dennison|
|DfE URN||136971 Tables|
|Ofsted||Reports Pre-academy reports|
|Students||1463 (285 6th formers)|
|Colours||Black and Gold|
Park View School is an academy and sixth form in Chester-le-Street, County Durham for students aged 11 to 18. Year 7 and 8 students spend the first two years at the North Lodge site two miles to the north of the Church Chare site. During 2012 to 2013, it underwent a £1 million refurbishment.
Chester-le-Street Secondary School opened in September 1911. The school changed names to Chester-le-Street Grammar School in 1944, the Deanery in 1969, Park View Comprehensive in 1976, then finally Park View Community School in 1982. In July 2011, it became an academy shortening its name to Park View School.
Ofsted and Academic Achievement
In 1997 Park View Community School was designated as a Language College, and in 2008, it was awarded High Performing Specialist School Status and adopted an additional specialism in Applied Learning. It has also been awarded Beacon Status, the International School Award, the Language for Export Award, the Artsmark Award, the Sportsmark and Activemark Awards 2006, the Leading Edge School Award. The school generally gets good results, with the best GCSE and A-level results in County Durham. The 2004 Ofsted inspection rated Park View "very good" in every category. Since the 2008 inspection the school has been consistently rated "good".
In 2007, Park View took part in the NGS River Monitoring Project. In 2009, the school had its first student attain a place on the prestigious Prime Minister's Global Fellowship programme, the Global Fellowship programme ceased at the end of March 2011.  From 2011, the school has participated in the Comenius Bilateral School Partnerships programme.
Park View Grammar School
- Prof Jack Heslop-Harrison, President of the Institute of Biology from 1974 to 1975.
- Steve Howard, footballer, Leicester City.
Park View Community School
- Grant Leadbitter, professional footballer Ipswich Town.
- Adam Reach, professional footballer Middlesbrough F.C..
- Darren Holden (footballer) professional footballer Hartlepool United F.C..
- "North Lodge". School website.
- "School's search for pupils as 100th anniversary approaches". Sunderland Echo. 21 February 2011.
- "2004 Section 3 Inspection" (PDF). Ofsted.
- "2008 Inspection" (PDF). Ofsted.
- "2011 Interim Assessment" (PDF). Ofsted.
- "2012 Inspection" (PDF). Ofsted.
- "Durham Programme NGS School Partnership Plan" (DOC). British Council.
- "Durham University meeting" (PDF). British Council.
- "NGS River Monitoring Project" (DOC). British Council.
- "Report on NGS School Partnership Plan" (PDF). British Council.
- "Global Fellowship". British Council.
- "UK Comenius Bilateral School Partnerships 2011" (XLS). British Council.
- "UK Comenius Bilateral School Partnerships 2012" (XLS). British Council.