This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Born||18 February 1976|
Bhavnagar, Gujarat, India
|Occupation(s)||Playback singer, conceptualizer, composer|
Parthiv Gohil (born 18 February 1976) is a playback singer for Indian films like Devdas, Saawariya, Saheb, Biwi Aur Gangster, Kissan and many others. Parthiv travels around the world with his band of musicians weaving musical dreams.
Both his great grandfather and father shared a passion for music and it is they who introduced him to the world of classical music. At the age of ten, Parthiv began his formal lessons with Smt. Bhanuben Solanki, Smt. Dakshaben Mehta and Shri Laxmipati Shukla, a disciple of Pandit Omkarnath Thakur. At the age of 14, he won the Pandit Omkarnath Thakur Competition, which was followed by the state talent search competition.
Under the gurukul scholarship scheme of SPICMACAY he was chosen to be trained under Zia Fariduddin Dagar, a descendant of the legendary Tansen. From him, Parthiv learnt the tenets of voice culturing. Under the aegis of SPICMACAY he got to accompany maestros such as Hariprasad Chaurasia, Sultan Khan, Gundecha Brothers and V. G. Jog on tanpura and learnt a lot from them as well.
He was a runner-up in TV's Sa Re Ga Ma show. The competition was judged by renowned names like Pt. Jasraj, Parveen Sultana, Khayyam, O P Nayyar, Kalyanji Anandji, Anil Biswas, Jagjit Singh and Rajkumariji. His voice and style have been appreciated by many and his concerts have enthralled both Indian and overseas audience alike. He is currently hosting the program Sa Re Ga Ma on Alpha Gujarati channel of ZEE.
He now lives in Mumbai. His work as a film singer started with the title song and some back vocals for Sanjay Leela Bhansali's film Devdas. He made his debut as a play back singer in Bhansali's film Saawariya. After which, he sang for many films like EMI, Heroes, Vaada Raha, Kisaan, Saheb Biwi aur Gangster and so on.
He has been the only Gujarati artist to be featured in the National Iconic Song "Phir Mile Sur Mera Tumhara". Recently he was also featured in the international music project "Coke Studio"at MTV along with artists like Ustad Rashid Khan and Richa Shrama.
- Gujarat Gaurav award from Gujarat government.
- Best playback singer 2007 for the Gujarati film Prem Ek Pooja.
- Best playback singer 2009 for the Gujarati film MAI ODHANI ODHI TARA NAMNI.
- Ravji Patel award as a young achiever.
- Recently parthiv have been honored by Shree Rahul Gandhi as a young achiever award amongst top 10 young gujratis.
- Bruhad Gujarat Mumbai award as a young achiever in 2012.
- Desh Devi
- Heroes (2008 film)
- Saheb Biwi Aur Gangster
- Kevi Rite Jaish
- mara rudiye rangana tame sajana
- "shweta kawatra: Parthiv Gohil popularizes Gujarati music through live performances across India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "sanjay leela bhansali: Parthiv Gohil's online contest for fans". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
- "Singing for Bollywood doesn't top Parthiv Gohil's priority list". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2014-03-21. Retrieved 2017-07-06.
|This article about an Indian singer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|