|Single by Andrew W.K.|
|from the album I Get Wet|
|Released||October 29, 2001|
|Format||7", CD, CD-R|
|Genre||Hard rock, heavy metal|
|Andrew W.K. singles chronology|
"Party Hard" is a song by Andrew W.K., first released as a single in 2001 and included on his first album I Get Wet. The song provided Andrew W.K. with his first mainstream hit, reaching number 19 of the UK Singles Charts upon release.
The UK single contained one previously released track ("Make Sex"), one previously unreleased track ("Violent Life") and the video for "Party Hard". A promo single for this song was released to radio stations in the US in 2002. The promo single had the title song, the video for the song and a track titled "Andrew W.K.".
The song was included on the soundtrack for Pro Evolution Soccer 2010 football game. It can also be heard on Madden NFL 2003. It is also used as the walk-on music for Professional Darts Corporation darts player Steve Hine and was also played by the ECHL's San Francisco Bulls after scoring a goal during home games at the Cow Palace. It was also heard in the 2002 movie Stealing Harvard.The song was also used in the 2013 documentary series The Smash Brothers Episode 8: The Natural
The song also bears a similar chord progression to the Ramones song "Daytime Dillema (Dangers of Love)" from their 1984 album, Too Tough to Die
Mercury 588 813 7
All songs written and composed by Andrew W.K. and Diane Warren.
|2.||"Make Sex [AWKGOJ version]"||0:32|
|4.||"Party Hard (Video)"|
Mercury 588 813-2
Pitchfork Media ranked the song #129 on its list of the Top 500 tracks of the 2000s. Reviewer Mark Richardson wrote: "Before Red Bull and vodka became fashionable and sports drink companies made the decade all about the pursuit of eXtreme energy, the movement already had its anthem."
- "Andrew W.K.: Artist Chart History". UK Singles Chart. Retrieved 2015-05-06.
- THE SOUNDS OF MADDEN NFL™ 2003. EA Sports. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- Steve Hine. Global Darts. Retrieved 19 July 2011.
- "The Smash Brothers: Episode 8 - The Natural". Youtube. Event occurs at 12:30: East Point Productions. Retrieved 17 February 2015.
- "spreadit.org music". Retrieved February 5, 2009.
- Pitchfork Staff. Staff Lists: The Top 500 Tracks of the 2000s: 200-101. Pitchfork Media. 18 August 2009. Retrieved 19 July 2011.